Sold my baby today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was a bucket list car since it came out. I finally figured out I can't take it with me and it's too big to bury me in. It went to Ft. Worth......
leftside.JPG

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
OK so was Grandma pissed when you sold her car???

Just fooling! I am a truck guy so I had to poke at ya, That car is sweet! Has regret set in ? Going by the pics someone loved that ride!

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, regret set in. I bought it sight unseen over the phone from a guy in Enid in 2004. It was bone stock when I got it, but not when it left. Grandma (my wife) isn't a car gurl, so she didn't care. It was her daily driver until I started tweaking on it. I'm going to replace it with a little CTS (with the "bump" on the hood....>:) Guy drove up today with a stack 'o hunna-dollah-billz. BTW I was a truck guy too- I had a '88 Chevy that I put a Ram-Jet 350 in. I won the burn-out contest at Ark City in it in 2009. (I'm the guy on the right LOL.....)
photo (7).JPG

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha! Very cool! Hubby is working on me now. He wants an old VW to restore. I think he ought to get a convertible Karmann Ghia if he's gonna fool with VW but I'd really rather him find an old muscle car (60-80s anything lol) to do. Those little cars rattle your teeth. The muscle cars do too but in a MUCH sexier way. :w000t:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a 65 convertible. Cool car but it drives like a boat

Yep. I had a Buick Electra after the VW. We called it "Lynell" -- for "Land Yacht". :lookaroun I never did get used to it after that VW so I traded it for a Chevette. Haha! After it tanked (pun intended), which was about the same time my grandma needed to go to a home and couldn't drive any more, she sold me her '77 Volare, with a 318, that had sat in her garage for most of its life. Had less than 1000 miles on it when I bought it from her for $1000 in 1986. I drove the wheels off that thing, then sold it to some teenagers who wanted something to hop up and drive at the track. I thought my husband was gonna DIE! Lol

Now I'm driving a grown-up car. Have a little Mazda and a big o' Suburban. And a pick-up that gets driven when I need dirt -- or hay -- but that's about it. Oh and a Charger, that's our "fun" car now.:hey3:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a '65. My first car. My next car was a '64 VW Bug with a sunroof. Wish I still had them both.

Ha! My 1st car was a '66 Impala 2dr. When Car Craft or Hot Rod (can't remember which) did their project heavy metal car I about cried. I also about cried when I found a '66 SS with a 396 in it and didn't have the money to buy it. Same color as mine even! Maroon. I was all of 17 and working part time at TG&Y.

Latest posts

Top Bottom