Sold My Buick Grand National...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
never been so happy to lose money. guy came from texas yesterday with cash and took her with him. It was a dream of mine to own one of those cars since I was a teen and as soon as I got enough money saved up I bought one. Not once did I actually get to enjoy the car in the 5 or so years I had it. Put thousands of hours of labor into it and even more money. Ive figured up that I lost somewhere close to $12,000 on the POS...but I couldn't be happier to never have to turn a wrench on that thing again.

anyone else had a dream that turned into a nightmare? Share with the group.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man sorry to that! Those were awesome cars back in their day. But a 30 year old GM V6 turbo would have to be a nigthmare to keep running today.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's gone man! My dream car/money pit was a 94 Corvette ZR1 I purchased in 97 it ate my lunch driving to Blanchard about every month to cure whatever was setting the check engine light off.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea john I remember talking to you about that car...the hot rod blues suck lol...but like my grandpa says: "its like a biting dog, if you dont turn loose of it eventually it will chew your legs off"

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man sorry to that! Those were awesome cars back in their day. But a 30 year old GM V6 turbo would have to be a nigthmare to keep running today.

The trick to the GNs is to buy one that hasnt been modified poorly...I failed to do that. The other trick is leave the boost at a moderate level...I failed there too haha. I walked away from that thing with a lot of lessons learned so it wasnt a total loss.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's weird all the time and energy I used to put into hot rodding. Now a soccer moms Toyota Camry six banger will turn a quarter mile in the low 14's and do it quietly and get great gas mileage.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's weird all the time and energy I used to put into hot rodding. Now a soccer moms Toyota Camry six banger will turn a quarter mile in the low 14's and do it quietly and get great gas mileage.

Yep... and you can buy production cars with 4-700hp all day long.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my friend who is a mechanic (and owns some really impressive foxbody mustangs) told me to buy something new instead of that GN for those very reasons. But I just had to have one.

My dad gave me a '65 chevy truck (a rusty heirloom of sorts) that I will probably start tinkering with for fun. He put a 283 sbc and 4 speed Saginaw tranny in it back in the day and it scoots surprisingly well. I'm thinking it needs a turbo 6.0 LS on E85 :w000t:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As bad as I want another 66 Mustang to play with, I'll probably pick up a late model used 2015 or newer one some time down the road to play with. They may not have the same look or nostalgia, but they don't have the associated headaches and they perform better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom