Some old hardware that our nonagenarian's on the forum should enjoy seeing come back to life.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

And I am sure a lot of others will think it's interesting as well. Some of it is a bit dry on the information side but if you have memories of a dot matrix printer you should enjoy the way this thing prints.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My nonagenarian step-grandpa passed last night. He was on Hospice and had pneumonia. He'd been ready to go for a few years, in lots of pain, couldn't hardly move or walk, hasn't left the house in several years except this last month to go to the hospital and then the nursing home on Hospice. Thankfully, it sounds like it was pretty peaceful.

Talk about ******, luck, though...

He got dumped in an orphanage when he was 5, grew up there till he joined the Navy at 17 (I think). And now, he's passed during the quarantine, so he had no family or companionship when he was a kid, and now he's died and won't have a funeral or service, either. Kinda crappy, but he had a pretty good life in-between, made something of himself. He worked and retired as an aircraft mechanic for American in Tulsa.

RIP Ray Bray. 94 years old.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like Mr. Bray was a rare guy - hardships faced as a child but pulled himself up and changed his station in life. Many others with a similar start would have fallen into a life of crime and poverty.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My nonagenarian step-grandpa passed last night. He was on Hospice and had pneumonia. He'd been ready to go for a few years, in lots of pain, couldn't hardly move or walk, hasn't left the house in several years except this last month to go to the hospital and then the nursing home on Hospice. Thankfully, it sounds like it was pretty peaceful.

Talk about ******, luck, though...

He got dumped in an orphanage when he was 5, grew up there till he joined the Navy at 17 (I think). And now, he's passed during the quarantine, so he had no family or companionship when he was a kid, and now he's died and won't have a funeral or service, either. Kinda crappy, but he had a pretty good life in-between, made something of himself. He worked and retired as an aircraft mechanic for American in Tulsa.

RIP Ray Bray. 94 years old.

Sorry to hear this. Had there been a service of some kind, it would have been nice for a bunch of veterans and OSA members to show up for it. At least, you can say that someone had the thought.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounded like a heck of a guy.
I did see a drive by funeral today on the news. It was held in a parking lot. Cars drove by the family to express their condolences and at the conclusion all honked their horns to say goodby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom