Someone Push me into getting an M16

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've been talking with a guy who has a FA AR15/M16.

Colt Sporter, was converted by Norrell in the 80s.

Full mil specs. Small takedown pins and FCG pins.

One owner, apparently low round count.

I'm on the edge, leaning way over. I wanna wanna. Part of me want to wait until I find the right one that says "M16" on it. But another part of me sort of likes the camouflage that not having M16 on the side gives.

So, do you push me over the edge or reel me back in.

Dave

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I've been talking with a guy who has a FA AR15/M16.

Colt Sporter, was converted by Norrell in the 80s.

Full mil specs. Small takedown pins and FCG pins.

One owner, apparently low round count.

I'm on the edge, leaning way over. I wanna wanna. Part of me want to wait until I find the right one that says "M16" on it. But another part of me sort of likes the camouflage that not having M16 on the side gives.

So, do you push me over the edge or reel me back in.

Dave

I say go for it. It may be a conversion instead of a factory M16, but it is a conversion of a Colt and Norrell was one of the best for doing these.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Norrell does have a good reputation. He is the guy who took old pre-86 M-16 receivers that had been torch cut, rebuilt and refinished them so well that BATFE accused him of manufacturing new receivers with the old M-16 markings and numbers on them. They actually took custody of several of them to examine with an x-ray. They did in fact find that they had been re-welded and refinished. He is that good. Bite the bullet and spend the money if that is what you want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom