Something Different

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those that don't know, I'm pretty fond of the .30 Carbine. I've been looking with some interest at the Inland Advisor pistol since it came out some time ago.

Advisor.jpg

The stock they use is based on the "Paratrooper" style folding stock and the grip is a bit chunky, blocky, and short for a really comfortable grip. So as I was wandering around the web I noticed this M1 Carbine polymer stock from Choate Machine & Tool and wondered if it might not make for an interesting project to modify by cutting off the shoulder stock to make it usable for the pistol.

www.riflestock.com_store_images_store_MILITATY_CARBINE_PISTOL_GRIP_ST.jpg

As it turned out the modification wasn't altogether too difficult, and after putting them together and adding a few other random bits of hardware I ended up with something I rather like.

advisor_mod.jpg

Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but to me it's at least as comfortable (and usable) as an AR-based pistol, perhaps more so with its lighter weight and slightly shorter length.

I've laser boresighted both the Bushnell TRS-25 (on a UTG M1 Carbine Mount in the rear sight dovetail) and the laser on the Sightmark LoPro Combo (on a Magpul 7 Slot MOE Polymer Rail) at 25 yards, now I just need time and good weather to get it out and shoot it.

(edit) Yes, the 5 slot rails on each side may have been unnecessary, but at the point I was working on the stock I hadn't quite decided on what sort of electronics I might be using. The Sightmark only became available after having been dropped and the windage adjustment knob broken off. I was able to thread it back into the housing using a generous application of red thread locker which I think "should" keep it in place. If not the side rails may become more useful for a flashlight and/or laser of some other type. (/edit)

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it! I've always wanted a .30 M1. Uncle had one when I was a kid and we had a blast shooting that thing. Prices have gotten so out of line, I don't suppose I'll ever have one!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it! I've always wanted a .30 M1. Uncle had one when I was a kid and we had a blast shooting that thing. Prices have gotten so out of line, I don't suppose I'll ever have one!
You can still occasionally run across them at less than obnoxious prices, usually from private sellers at gun shows, etc., and occasionally from prison or small department police or sheriff auctions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom