Sooner State Pawn and OSA members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SSP has a shotgun my wife has gone googly eyed for but it's priced a little on the high side.

Is it new or used?

If it is used, I usually ask something like "Do you think you can do anything with the price?" I heard another customer ask "What do you have to have for it?"

If it is new, I pay the price as marked which is typically a good to very good deal.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What shotgun is it and how did you determine its overpriced? Can you find the shotgun online in stock and ready to ship?

Not questions for you to answer here, just to think about.

They are great people at SSP.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Typical wiggle room is 5-10% in my experience. I've bought from them about 5 times and used their FFL services about a dozen times. Of all the times I have bought from them, I couldn't find a cheaper deal online. Doesn't hurt to ask them, maybe they could at least do tax off of it?

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I want to make an offer or see if I can get a different deal than retail, then walk in the store, find the two gents mentioned, explain you are an OSA member (maybe that makes a diff (shouldn't) ) but pull the amount out of your pocket and see if they can make that deal happen for you. DO it in person, calling is a waste of your time and theirs. Too often, folks want to call and see if a deal can happen, but there is no way to do so over the phone.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're satisfied that the shotgun in question has not issues, I see nothing wrong with that price. And, especially if your wife has her eye on it. You should satisfy yourself that the Dial-a-matic magazine end cap functions properly and, if you buy it, download a manual so she can learn how to properly operate it.

Those were good shotguns and a direct ancestor of the 1100. Lots of folks still use them.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ASK, you never know if you don't ask. Worst they can say is NO. Model 58 is a fantastic gun, though it is old and may or not have functioning issues.

But then again, so am I. Everything works, but not the quite the same as it once did. D**** knees. :faint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom