Sooner State Pawn and OSA members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I referred my brother to SSP because of the recommendation here(he is not a member of OSA) to do an FFL transfer for a rifle, and their prices were so good he ended up walking out with a shotgun as well. I have been in a few times myself to get ammo, and it has always been a pleasure. I have yet to buy another firearm since my move back out here from CA, but when I do, they will be one of the first places I go......(they have good stock and good prices).

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has turned into a "I love SSP" thread. I'll be repetitive......they're my favorite place to shop too. I check out their website several times a week. I don't know if that's a good thing or not; I've been guilty of walking out of there with something a few times just because it was a deal I couldn't pass up. I've been in there when they were ridiculously busy and the sales guys (and girls) always take the time to help and answer questions. I even drive out of my way to go the the north store sometimes because my favorite salesperson works there now. Jessica is always a pleasure to deal with. As far as customer service goes, she's doing it right. Keeping people like that around is what makes their business successfull. Well, that and their good prices....but good prices alone doesnt' do it.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only incentives I've been offered is the price, selection, and quick and friendly service. Whether that price is because I'm an OSA member or not, I don't know, but I appreciate it either way.. I just picked up another toy from Tommy on Monday and I will be back for more without hesitation. While I was waiting on my background check, he even let me handle a KSG that just came in. Those things feel pretty solid and they're a lot smaller than I thought they'd be.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are genuinely nice people. I have purchased online from a dealer in Missouri and they have accepted my shipment without hassle. I have also sold guns to them and have been satisfied with their offers. Tommy is a good guy.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a rifle a couple weeks ago @ the south location - happy, happy, happy!!! I like both locations. I live 80+ miles from OKC, but if I have business in OKC my trip will probably include a stop at one of their stores. I really like their up-to-date online inventory - I have my eye on a rifle at the south location and if they still have it Monday when I go to Norman for eye exam I may cruise on up there.

Another thing I appreciate is that is not like many pawn shops that have disorganized crap piled up, cigarette smoke, and some know-it-all loafers hanging around like a bunch of poolhall Johnnies.

Cedar Creek

joesnipes7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm another fan, I've bought several handguns from them and although don't know anybody by name every time I mention I'm an OSA member they always give me a discount. Anytime I start looking for another toy I look there first.

ryandunphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before the Northside one opened I drove thru the hood and went to actually purchase a glock. Well nothing on their website matches what they had. Not even close. So why have it?
That and their gun counter was tiny and there were some typical rude Okies that wanted to handle every single gun and gather everything there is to know about muzzle flip and who knows what else. All I could hear was "diabetes blah blah fixin too blah blah in the clip blah blah"

H&h is about 8 minutes from my house, they always have a huge selection and its a cool place. Just got another gun there today. I don feel like waiting behind some crack head trying to sell cd's he probably just stole from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before the Northside one opened I drove thru the hood and went to actually purchase a glock. Well nothing on their website matches what they had. Not even close. So why have it?
That and their gun counter was tiny and there were some typical rude Okies that wanted to handle every single gun and gather everything there is to know about muzzle flip and who knows what else. All I could hear was "diabetes blah blah fixin too blah blah in the clip blah blah"

H&h is about 8 minutes from my house, they always have a huge selection and its a cool place. Just got another gun there today. I don feel like waiting behind some crack head trying to sell cd's he probably just stole from me.

Welcome to OSA. Sorry you had a less than stellar experience at SSP. My experiences were a lot better.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks for your detailed and eloquent post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom