Southern Oklahoma Off Road Recovery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to pass on a resource to you guys. My buddy and I were out at Love valley WMA this weekend, and managed to get both of our trucks stuck up to/past the axles. Busted out the high lift jack, all the good stuff, and 14 hours later, we were still stuck. Found out about the Facebook group “Southern Oklahoma Off Road Recovery” from another Overland Bound Member. Got on there, made a post, and 3 hours later we had a guy there pulling us out. Gave him $100 for his fuel and time and we were on the road. That’s quite a bit better than a $1000 tow bill. If you get stuck in southern ok and can’t get out, I would get on there and see if you can get help. Game wardens do watch the page, so if you’re out doing dumb/illegal stuff they can and will write you a hefty ticket and get your truck impounded.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can be ticketed for driving off the designated roads on WMA property.
Those homemade jeep trails are a NO NO 50 feet off designated roads you are allowed to camp in some areas.

I know many like to drive those so called roads but be aware it can cost you.

But the real question is did you bring home any of those Hogs you were after???
Did you fish the river?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome, what's your handle on overlandbound? Been a little bit, but I use to be really active on there.
It’s WutHoLeChit, member number 13587. Haven’t been very active recently, but wanna get back into it more.

You can be ticketed for driving off the designated roads on WMA property.
Those homemade jeep trails are a NO NO 50 feet off designated roads you are allowed to camp in some areas.

I know many like to drive those so called roads but be aware it can cost you.

But the real question is did you bring home any of those Hogs you were after???
Did you fish the river?

yeah, I hate that it can be such a gray area in some spots. I try to be good. There was a camping area (as best as I can tell) 100 yards from where I got stuck. But sometimes I have a rough time finding the real roads vs the jeep trails.
Ended up finding pigs the first 4 hours I was there. Tried to lob 2 762x39 rounds about 400 yards, didn’t manage to make a good hit. Didn’t see one after that. Hopefully I’ll make up for it this month going down to temple. Trading some mechanical experience to go chase some pigs on a buddies farm.

took the ol war eagle canoe out, worked like a champ. Was planning on setting out some jugs and going after some cats and crappie. Turns out the entire area south of highway 32/hickory creek isn’t more than 3 feet deep. Anywhere. Got stuck that evening as I was moving camp to down south by the river. Kinda ruined the night fishing on the river and a second morning looking for hogs.

Where’s the pics?

I was so tired and irritated that I didn’t end up getting any.

Last edited:

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My handle on OB is the same as on here. Good forum. Not much activity on the Oklahoma page.

My handle is Bouncer. I tried to stir up alot of activity a few years ago and was planning a group trail ride through a high fence ranch with tons of trails and mixed imported animals before the rona. I also s tarted the photo game thread that was super active for a while.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that. I responded in thread about being interested. Still would be interested. On a side note Big Meat Run is in 2 weeks. Not really an overlanding thing but Disney is an awesome place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom