Southwest Engravers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where does she engrave at on the receiver. Do you have different options as for location. This is my first NFA item that I'm waiting for the stamp back on.

There are requirement on this from the NFA rules.
Mine are engraved at the lower rear corner on the right side of the reciever.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there are guidelines as to it has to be visible with out disassembly and so big and deep. I was just referring to if there was a few places she will engrave it or what choices you had. Thanks wall.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no size requirement, only a depth requirement of three thousandths of and inch. She engraves most people's under the fire selector on the right side. It is inconspicuous and looks good. I've seen one she did on the magwell. They don't look as good there IMO.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no size requirement, only a depth requirement of three thousandths of and inch. She engraves most people's under the fire selector on the right side. It is inconspicuous and looks good. I've seen one she did on the magwell. They don't look as good there IMO.

It does have to be at least 1/16'' tall doesn't it?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got it done by SW engravers today. As far as placement options, there is the magwell, or right above the trigger above the pin hole. She didn't mention anything about engraving in the trigger area below the receiver. The lettering is very neat and professional looking. It only took about ten minutes to get it done. She charged ten dollars, but I tipped five on top, and it was well worth it. I see that most people color in their name, or blue over it. I kind of like the bare aluminum numbers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom