spanish destroyer rifles in 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They guy that was selling the destroyers at the big show was telling people that it can shoot any 9mm round. I kid you not he said you could even shoot .357 mag through it!! I wouldnt try that!

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at some rifle videos on YT when I ran across this a few months ago and it caught my attention but it just seemed like more than I wanted to get into.

Last edited by a moderator:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thats a cool vid jon. would negate the affordable SHTF gun but still cool. might as well thread all the guns you have for that can, right?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buddy of mine reloads Largo loads... He takes a 9mm luger case and put's it through a largo size die... then trims case down to largo specs.... done... simple

I used to shoot a lot of Largo ammo in Star Modelo Super pistols. Surplus was much cheaper than reloading, so I never did, but Largo is 9x23 and 9mm Luger is 9x19, which is 4mm shorter. Not sure what your buddy is doing. Largo and .38 super will, in the opinions of some, interchange. I think the Largo is just a little hotter than the super and case rims vary enough to give feeding problems in some guns. Never did that either.

What one doesn't want to do with the Destroyer is to use Winchester 9x23 ammo. It'll destroy a Destroyer, even though it chambers perfectly. Probably same for the Modelo super, though I know a couple of guys who have gotten away with it.

Here's a link to a forum that can answer all your Spanish import questions:

http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?40-The-Spanish-Pistol-Board&

I know it says pistols, but these folks are into Spanish steel of any kind. And if you want to get nuked, just repeat the old chestnut about "soft Spanish steel."

This is the first I have heard about a 9x19 chambered Destroyer. Since the 9x19 is pretty much exactly like the Largo, only shorter, it strikes me that a seller with a set of stamps could easily "convert" one to 9x19. Since it headspaces, I think, on the case mouth, that leaves the extractor to hold the cartridge against the bolt face. Not the best idea.

I think if I had one marked for the 9mm, I would see if it would chamber a Largo round. If it would, I would get a gunsmith to cast the chamber and see what I really had.

These are not strong guns. They were made to shoot pistol rounds and probably equate to the M-1 Carbine in terms of power.

.357 would be a really bad idea, but probably couldn't be made to work given the large rim on that case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom