Speaking of disaster management preparedness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Falling Skies thread reminded me that Contagion, another take on the world pandemic scenario, is coming out in about a month. I wonder how probable something like this is to happen. I guess it becomes more plausible as world population grows. In my mind alien and zombie invasions are fun exercises for the real thing, a local short term disaster or something long term, like a pandemic. It really wouldn’t take much to knock us back into the 1800s technologically and Katrina proved we can revert back to the stone age socially in a matter of days.

Don’t talk to anyone. Don’t touch anyone. Stay away from other people.

Last edited by a moderator:

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we've all worried about zombies, aliens and commies attacking us, but according to the past and now present movie clips, we all need to start preparing for the monkey uprising that is sure to occur sometime in the near furure.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we've all worried about zombies, aliens and commies attacking us, but according to the past and now present movie clips, we all need to start preparing for the monkey uprising that is sure to occur sometime in the near furure.

This reminds me about one of my blind dates many years ago. She was convinced that penguins would eventually rise up and take over the planet. She also claimed to have been raped by satan. Sorry for going off track, just felt like mentioning it. ;)

Oh, and the movie looks pretty good too.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot about the monkeys. That's going to be rough. Dealing with a pandemic right after the monkey uprising. Our resources (bullets) will be stretched thin.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to watch this one by myself. Movies like this freak the wife out. She is all about ghost/demon movies but anything that can actually happen freaks her out beyond belief. I kinda like watching movies like this as kind of war gaming such a scenario.

Looking at the trailer it seems like Damon has some sort of immunity to this bug. Otherwise his role would be very short.

Latest posts

Top Bottom