Speaking of suppressors,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and go read about Huntertown on the silencer talk and NFA talk forums. They are cheap for a reason. For a .22 suppressor, you don't want anything less than stainless steel. Avoid aluminum baffles like the plague. .22 supressors get DIRTY...VERY DIRTY. You have more options to clean stainless opposed to aluminum. I shot about 2000 rounds before cleaning my spectre once, and it weighed almost 5 ounces more. .22 supressors will accumulate lead and other crap all over the baffles. Throw aluminum in an ultrasonic cleaner and see what happens. Actually....don't do that. you will ruin your aluminum baffles.

I don't agree with you entirely on aluminum baffles. They can serve a purpose on lightweight handguns, but you don't want them on your primary rimfire suppressor. Their are ways to clean them easily, but SS baffles do have more options. As for Huntertown, stay FAR away.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If an NFA item is bought as an individual rather than a trust (or business) and the owner dies, the item(s) will transfer tax free on a Form 5. But anyone getting into NFA items, I would highly recommend going the trust route.

Suppressors aren't really bought, sold and traded like common pistols just because of the paperwork involved. Since these purchases are typically kept a very long time, the difference between a low end suppressor and a higher end, nicer quality brand really isn't that much. When you're talking about .22 suppressors, it's usually only about $150 difference. Just buy quality to start with.

kevin brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_2242.jpgI have a Huntertown arms guardian 2 it works great and can be had $200 or less and gemtech outback 2 less than $250. The Huntertown on M&P 22 and outback on M&P compact.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom