Speaking of VA hearing aids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What type of evidence do you want us to review as part of your claim?(*Required)
VA medical records
Private medical records
Supporting (lay) statements or other evidence
Which evidence type should I choose?

The above is how far I made it filling out the on-line form. It will not let you go any further until you satisfy this question by uploading the proof of your disability. If there is an easier way I was not able to find it.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa seems to be a step child as to VA facilities. Hopefully that will change when the new VA hospital gets built and open. Guessing you that had it easy are closer to a large facility.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That 100% is very elusive. VA math makes it very hard to break the 90% mark. A buddy of mine has traumatic brain injury, ptsd and had his back broken twice and he only gets 90%
That is true, if a vet has 90% and add 10% more it figures to be 91%! Even if you add a 30% disability it won't equal 100%. The big money is on bilateral disabilities like both knees, shoulders, etc. But even if one is 100% the medical is not free at the VA, it is at no cost because you earned it!

Retired

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is true, if a vet has 90% and add 10% more it figures to be 91%! Even if you add a 30% disability it won't equal 100%. The big money is on bilateral disabilities like both knees, shoulders, etc. But even if one is 100% the medical is not free at the VA, it is at no cost because you earned it!
Yes, earned it.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread a while back with no response. Went back to the VA web site, it remembered me from when I was turned down in 2008 but didn't find anything on hearing aids. Should I call the number on the VA web site or will that just make me more frustrated?

Spent from before 9 until noon on the phone, in 3 calls the 3rd was a charm.. Marine vet named Paul, An hour and 53 minutes with Paul but he took his time and got me rolling in 2 conference calls.. Paul was at the 800-827-1000 # the 405-456-1000 # wouldn't pick up.. I then slapped a bacon cheese sammich together and beat it to 921 NE 13th street, 1st floor where I got pictures of my pretty mug taken.. Filled out 1 form and was out in a half hour.. I had to take this pic and you'll know why.. WTF..

Attachments

• 20210414_142417.jpg
    20210414_142417.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 73

Okie_dave

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my parents agreed to move to assisted living, the Exec at the place handed me a pamphlet for VA help. I contacted the guy and after about a year (had to do some leg work and wait on VA), he helped me get them assistance as they made less than the assisted living.

Told him I was a vet (Navy) that spent a couple of years on the flight deck of n aircraft carrier. He asked about hearing loss and other things. He filed papers and got me a VA paid hearing test from a private company. They gave me 10%. He thinks I can reapply and get more but for now I am good.

If anyone wants his contact info, PM me and I can supply. I think he is for profit now and gets money for financial consultation if you get the disability.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little update. Success, was a bit of an ordeal but just found out the VA made a direct deposit into my checking account. Haven't received my letter on what compensation was approved but the deposit was more than what I expected. Applied on April 15th and just received $635.77. not sure if that is 2 months or 3 and anything else it may include. Can't wait to get the letter explaining everything.

Next hurdle is hearing aids. First appointment with the VA was canceled by the hearing guy, 3 weeks later went in and he said I needed to get my ears cleaned out before he would give me a hearing test. Now I'm waiting on an appointment with my insurance provider EMT to make sure he doesn't put me off again. Appointments are for the 16th and 17th. Every time something hickups it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get another appointment. Funny part is while all this was going on I had two hearing tests done for the compensation claim and both times they said my ears were clear. Gotta love working with the VA.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@BReeves That’s great news! We dealt with the same scheduling issues with my grandfather last year. It was partially due to COVID related scheduling changes. Hope they get you taken care of soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom