special from Orvis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow.....JP has it down guy's.....alot of good information there.

I've been fly fishing for Brookies, Browns, Cutthroats, and Rainbows in the streams of Colorado for over 10 years now. I was taught to fish by the locals, and what JP said is spot on! The very most important point is the fly presentation! You are trying to make the fly look like a fly landing on the water, so never let it slap the water. If you do, just pull it up and recast!
This, of course applie to dry flies, which is my favorite....it's basically top water fishing to all you bass fishermen.

Someday, I'm going to buy a bass fly fishing set-up....never done that, and I bet it would be a blast! Also, if I ever make it to Canada again, I will bring a rig for Northern Pike.....imagine a 40 pounder on a fly rod!!!

ETA: as far as equipment, I use a 9' Winston w/ 5 wt. floating Orvis line, and an Orvis Battenkill reel. I also have a 4wt. 6' Orvis Midge rod that I use in dense covered small streams.

ETAA: I will be headed to these streams a week from Thusday, and will post pics!!!!!!!

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a couple pic of a nice one my 7 year old caught last year in the kids pond in Pitkin, CO:

ai44.photobucket.com_albums_f48_patrickcudd_kyler2008trout.jpg

ai44.photobucket.com_albums_f48_patrickcudd_Kamdentrout2008.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom