Speed loader for .22lr magazine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can use the Ultimate Clip loader with the 22A with some tweaking. Mine is more of a pumping action to get the mag loaded compared to how slick it works on the Rugers. However, it still beat the hell out of loading them buy hand! Trust me on this.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to adjust the screw doe the mag length. I also put a couple paper shims between the two halves since the S&W mag is thicker than the Ruger mags. I'm also fooling with bending the mag feed lips and shaping them a little, better but that is just me playing trying to get it to feed like it does on my Ruger or Buck Mark mags.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old proverb: He who bend mag lips soon buys new mag. At least that's how it usually works for me. There are gunsmith tools to restore the factory contour to bent mag lips. I strongly recommend never trusting your life to a mag that has been "tweaked."

My fingers are old and hard (not always an oxymoron), and I never seem to need a mag loader with any of my .22 magazines. Sometimes, on puny days, I will use a leather glove to protect my thumb while pushing down the mag tab on Ruger mags.

The P-22 mags are so easy that I have never felt the need for any help there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom