Spencer Keepers Appendix Carry Inside Waistband Class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is where his holsters shine but you have to stop and think about things. Most think small thin guns hide better (somewhat true in most cases) and are more comfortable to wear (not necessarily). Lets just say that Spencer carries that G34 for a LOT of reasons and they fly in the face of conventional thinking. I had Olyeller trick out a G19 and turn it into pretty much the ultimate CCW gun. Right after I sold it along with the Keeper holster I had for it and went to a full size M&P. M&P because that was the only Glock I owned while having a ton of M&Ps, but if not for that it would have been a G17 or 34/35 I went for. Why? Because for us heavier, gutted, fat bastids it's just more comfortable and they actually hide better. The longer sight radius and increased ammo capacity is just icing.

pstmstr doesn't have the gut I do so he's probably a lot better able to be comfortable with the shorter G19. I know I'd much rather carry my FS over my Shield and I have Spencer's holsters for both, they are all I carry with anymore.

Yeah, i'm no stranger to all that. The advantage of a 4-4.25" barrel is great when carrying IWB...I've just never been able to do it right up front as well as on the side.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@pstmstr, does Spencer address appendix carry for fat guys? I just don't think I can pull it off without much pain.

My experience is very similar to Shadowrider's.

It is pretty common for me to carry a 5" M&P Pro in an Keeper holster. It worked better for me than a G19. Neither of them felt perfect at first. I had to experiment with them to get the right position where they worked for me. Once I found that sweet spot, it all clicked. Last month I drove 1000+ miles in 2 days on a trip and it was perfect. It would be even better if I was 40lbs lighter. (Maybe I can report back on that in 6 months.)

The draw using AWIB is faster for most people. It is MUCH faster from driving or otherwise seated position.

I think a G34 holster would work better for us heavier guys over a G17 or G19 length holster. I do know for my gut the "original" Keeper works better for me than the Keeper Lite did with the shorter G19.

However, talk to Spencer about it. He has a reason for every feature he has incorporated into his holsters. He has plenty of experience in what has worked for different people and is willing to help you select what works for you.

Last edited:

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!!

Yeah for the larger guys and most people.. longer is better when it comes to AIWB.

Shoot me and email or hit me up on or website.
keepersconcealment.com
@prdator, This is a weird question for this thread, but do you ever carry OWB, And if so, what kind of holster?

posted via Tapatalk

Last edited:

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMOA... so the only few OWB holsters I have ever used ( out side of hunting with a large bore revolver) is a Safriland duty holster and I run it wile im teaching the popo, cause that's what they have to use, and a standard OWB during a basic class, so the students can get a better idea on how to grip the gun and the draw stroke.

Other than that Im Always running AIWB.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom