Spike's Lower Receiver Group Buy Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't keep track of who all wanted one, but it appears that a couple have mentioned coming by to pick up some after the deadline who may or may not have claimed dibs on one when the order was still up.

If that didn't make any sense, my question is.. are there any unspoken for lowers?

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A quick question about the Spikes stripped upper. Does this include forward assist/dust cover? M4 feed ramps? Is it T-marked? What all would I need to finish it? I am assuming I would need the following: charging handle, barrel, BCG, handguard, gas block, gas tube. What did I miss? I am thinking that I would really like to do the whole thing myself, if possible for a first time build. Steve, if you read this, what do you think about the difficulty? Do you still have Spikes stripped uppers for $95, even though I already picked up my lower? Any advice would be appreciated, even if it's a recommendation to just buy a complete upper. TIA

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked mine up today, the upper does include the forward assist and dust cover already installed. It has the M4 feed ramps and the top rail is marked T2, T4, T6 and so on.

As far as completing the upper, I think you've got everything listed... its the same mental list I've got. Since this is my first build too, I'm hoping its easy... youtube suggests assembling the upper is easy.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If any of you Tulsa area guys are getting together for a LPK install party when you get your parts, send my brother-in-law a pm if you are willing to help him learn how to put in his LPK and assist him if he runs into trouble. This will be his first experience with the AR platform.

He is Mike1105 here on OSA.

thanks,

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturdays have turned into "show and tell" at the shop. We've had some VERY nice/rare class 3 machine guns and performance guns come through. It's been a great time for everyone to meet and swap stories.

Sorry to thread jack a bit but I have to say, if you have some time to kill on a sat and don't mind driving out there, this is a lot of fun. I've been able to stop in the last couple of saturdays either buying stuff or just in the area and these guys bring in some really nice pieces. Last weekend, one of the regulars (David, i think?) brought in 3 really nice AR's and let me play with the triggers and accessories to help me figure out what i want to end up putting my money on in my build. He also brought a couple of bullpups, one of which was a Steyer AUG clone, a S&W 500 long barrel and a 338 Lapua Mag long range KILLER rifle.

I brought along my built little SKS to join in the fun (think i was outta my league tho.) Nice guys all around, really friendly and helpful. Great learning session for anyone new to or building their first AR.

Plus Steve has some great prices.

steve831

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't keep track of who all wanted one, but it appears that a couple have mentioned coming by to pick up some after the deadline who may or may not have claimed dibs on one when the order was still up.

If that didn't make any sense, my question is.. are there any unspoken for lowers?

there will be some unspoken lowers, they will just go into normal inventory.

steve831

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several guys have come into the shop to pay. I'm checking the mail for the rest tomorrow. I will place the order at that time.

It's been great meeting everyone. There are several guys new to the AR-15 area. I hope you all enjoy it.

For those missing out on the group buy, I will continue the $85 lower price for the whole month of October. I will be ordering more than enough and keep them in inventory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom