Spotting Scope Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I like really cheap paper plates, and they're rigid enough to not flap in a breeze.
:drunk2:

I only use paper plates and stick-on splatter type decals. Still most times find it hard to accurately see groupings with a good scope or good binoculars. Then again my eyes aren't what they used to be. I have a couple very stable tripods I use and depending on lighting conditions I still find seeing accurately a challenge. Soon I will be investing in a good spotting scope. Still researching. Thanks for everyone's input.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a great deal from @dlbleak on this spotting scope a while back. :thumb:
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/item-gone-fs-celestron-c90-spotting-scope.262203/

Haven't actually gotten around to airing it out yet, but it had been raining when I last tested it, and I could see water drops and grass/leaf details at 70 yards.

There were also extra lenses other than the basic kit described in the manual, which says you can see the polar caps of Mars, Jupiter's moons, and the rings of Saturn.

And NO... I don't want my money back. :D
:drunk2:

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a Leopold 20x60x60 on eBay for 200 bucks with case. One of the best gun related purchases I’ve ever made. Nearly new and clear as a bell optics. Consider looking around for brand name used as they will be about 1/2 price. Spotting scopes well wear so bargains are abound

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this spotting scope as a gift several years ago, and I've been very happy with it for the price. The tripod does leave a lot to be desired, but I like the window mount it came with. I've been able to see groupings from 100-300 yards fairly easily with sight n see targets. I have since upgraded the tripod for a better base. When I start doing long range shooting I will likely upgrade to a 20-60 zoom or better.

https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-Waterproof-Compact-Spotting/dp/B004I8U2I0

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this spotting scope as a gift several years ago, and I've been very happy with it for the price. The tripod does leave a lot to be desired, but I like the window mount it came with. I've been able to see groupings from 100-300 yards fairly easily with sight n see targets. I have since upgraded the tripod for a better base. When I start doing long range shooting I will likely upgrade to a 20-60 zoom or better.

https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-Waterproof-Compact-Spotting/dp/B004I8U2I0

Thanks for the info!

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a Leopold 20x60x60 on eBay for 200 bucks with case. One of the best gun related purchases I’ve ever made. Nearly new and clear as a bell optics. Consider looking around for brand name used as they will be about 1/2 price. Spotting scopes well wear so bargains are abound

Did not think about looking on Ebay. I do some looking. Thanks!

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A short while back I asked for feedback about spotting scopes and since did some research and settled on one found on Amazon.

It is definitely not a $1,000.00 to 2,000.00 spotting scope, but I think it will serve my purposes.

It seems to be well constructed and the glass is decent. I can read letters and see the rivets on mail boxes clearly at about 200 yards. So I’m thinking it will allow me to see bullet groupings out to 300 yards.

The spotting scope comes with a cell phone attachment device, carrying case and desktop tripod. I have not tried the tripod, but it is not the best, which is Ok; I have a couple high quality tripods.

I took some pictures with the cell phone adapter and they are OK. It is hard not cause a jitter when touching the phone to snap the picture. I think I will get a Bluetooth remote for the phone. My phone is not an Apple or Samsung that have better cameras. Mine is an LG Stylo 6 and the built in camera is OK but not great. I am thinking of getting an adapter for my Nikon SLR camera which would allow me to take pictures without touching the camera by using the timer.

The image viewing directly through the spotting scope is better than what the camera on my phone can reproduce.

I am attaching a picture taken of a trash container at approximately 175 yards (best guess).

Also I am attaching a link to the spotting scope on Amazon in case anyone is interested.

I will know more in few weeks when I travel to our place in New Mexico where I do most of my shooting. As soon as the 17 Design lowers are delivered to Sooner State Pawn I’ll be headed west. Hopefully, the spotting scope works as well as I expect.

BTW the price was $135.99 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-B...words=spotting+scope+a&qid=1616178559&sr=8-38

upload_2021-3-19_13-54-15.jpeg

upload_2021-3-19_13-54-37.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom