SPR Build (Pics and Info)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just completed my SPR build this week. I was waiting on a couple of small parts to completely finish it up (AAC 51T Brake and custom 3-position gas block) even though I'd assembled it months ago and even shot it a couple times.

Here's the details:

Upper

Mega Machine Billet Upper Receiver
PRI Gas Buster C/H
Fail Zero Bolt Carrier
Superior Barrels 18" Terebraetus Barrel (1/8 twist, polygonally rifled, hard blue coated inside and out)
MP bolt from Superior pre-headspaced to barrel
JP/VTAC Rifle Length FF Tube
Custom 3-position gas block (On/Suppressed/Off)
AAC 51-tooth Muzzle Brake

Lower
Mega Machine Billet Lower
M&A Lower Parts Kit
Geissele High Speed DMR Trigger
Magpul MIAD Grip
Magpul ASAP Plate
Magpul ACS Stock

Optic/Sights/Light
Trijicon TA31H-G (Green Illumination)
Magpul MBUS Front and Rear
Fenix TA20 with Pressure Switch Tailcap (they unfortunately only make the long curly cord ones right now)
VLTOR Offset Scout Mount (puts light at 1 o'clock position when placed on the 3 o'clock rail)
Tango Down Switch Rail Panel (on top rail for ease of use shooting bilaterally)

Here are some photos of it:

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w129_KojakTPD_DSC04176.jpg

I shot a 10-shot group at 100 yards with it yesterday (just for grins). I didn't let the barrel cool between shots and fired each shot about 3-4 seconds after the previous one. I was shooting Lake City 62gr Green Tip because I wanted to see what the rifle was capable of with surplus ammo. I shot this without the can on the rifle. I plan on shooting another group with it to see if it tightens up any.

Center-to-Center (the two fliers):

ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w129_KojakTPD_DSC04179.jpg

And if you throw those two out, the other 8 shots:

ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w129_KojakTPD_DSC04180.jpg

10.5stang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I grow up I want to be just like you Johhny V. Rifle looks great and go ahead and tell the truth your wife was shooting it and she let you post her gun! haha Looks great buddy.

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I grow up I want to be just like you Johhny V. Rifle looks great and go ahead and tell the truth your wife was shooting it and she let you post her gun! haha Looks great buddy.

LOL, no she hasn't shot this one yet. She told me it's too heavy. I'll let her stick with my KISS build that weighs a couple pounds less.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shot a 10-shot group at 100 yards with it yesterday (just for grins). I didn't let the barrel cool between shots and fired each shot about 3-4 seconds after the previous one. I was shooting Lake City 62gr Green Tip because I wanted to see what the rifle was capable of with surplus ammo. I shot this without the can on the rifle. I plan on shooting another group with it to see if it tightens up any.

Center-to-Center (the two fliers):

ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w129_KojakTPD_DSC04179.jpg

And if you throw those two out, the other 8 shots:

ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w129_KojakTPD_DSC04180.jpg

Nice shootin', rifle looks slick!

Latest posts

Top Bottom