Springfield 67E .410 pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was in the 'early 70s in Denison, TX. The guy at the gun counter knew us pretty well and would also sell me .22LR (Ha! 77 cents for a box of Federal), but he said to keep it quiet. :D

I don't remember the Mexican ammo brand, but it was in yellow & black boxes, and had an image of a Thunderbird on the box. The shells were high-brass, yellow plastic and (I think?) mostly #4 shot. I don't recall any misfires.
:drunk2:
I remember prices similar to that. Especially .22 LR. I was a salesman for the Oklahoma Tire & Supply Company (OTASCO) in the 70's and 80's. You did it all in those stores. In the course of a day you had to sell washers and dryers, refrigerators, lawnmowers, garden tillers, chainsaws, TV's, stereos, air conditioners. You name it and you better know everything about everything you were selling. If you sold a set of tires you might very well be mounting and balancing them. Of course selling guns, ammo and accessories was my favorite. Sold a ton of those boxes of .22 LR for .79 cents a box. We stocked those Savage, Springfield, Stevens and Fox shotguns like this one.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember the Mexican ammo brand, but it was in yellow & black boxes, and had an image of a Thunderbird on the box. The shells were high-brass, yellow plastic and (I think?) mostly #4 shot. I don't recall any misfires.
:drunk2:
I think that was the old Aguila box.
The cheapest I remember .22 LR was either 99 cents or $1.09 a box, when it was on sale.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember when the stores had their own brands of rimfire and shotgun ammo?
Sears had Ted Williams and Western Auto had Revelation brand sporting goods.
My second shotgun was a used Ted Williams 12 ga with a Cutts Compensator on it. First one was a H&R .410 single shot that I killed a lot of game with over the years. It was the only gun I owned and hunted with until the early 30 year old period. Even today I rarely take a second shot because so many years with a single shot taught the lesson to let em get in close and there is only one chance to kill them.

Steve S

Marksman
Reaction score
I have a Springfield 410 pump that was given to me when I was 14 years old. I am now 67 and for years that was the only shotgun I had. I have hunted squirrels, rabbits, quail, doves and tin cans with it. It has been thrown around dropped, put away dirty and pretty much abused by a young man. It has always been a dependable and accurate shooter when I was doing my part. I don't hunt much anymore but it still likes to shoot at a clay pigeon every now and then.

For me, it is an awesome gun

Steve

Latest posts

Top Bottom