1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Spypoint camera troubles

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by hunter966, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You would think so...but it seems everyone (I know) who purchased Spypoint this year were aware of the issues beforehand.

2. dlbleak

dlbleak Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Ha,can you believe they had the balls to send me a magazine AFTER my contract ran out? Didn’t hear crap from them for a year and then I get this in the mail. It’s got great pics on heavy quality paper. If they’d spent as much attention to getting a product that works, maybe I’d keep using them!
    08207118-CA14-4F32-96F0-E7D707CD0D68.jpeg

BobbyV, Oklahomabassin and Okie4570 like this.
  3. Oklahomabassin

Rating
    100%
    Jealous of the cool magazine. Lol

4. BobbyV

BobbyV Uh huh . . . sure

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I got one in the mail too . . .

5. Oklahomabassin

Rating
    100%
    A friend shared this with me. He had a Spypoint stolen and was hoping the GPS would help him locate it. No such luck. He contacted Spypoint for help. No help.
    Screenshot_20210225-212955_Messenger.jpg Screenshot_20210225-212930_Messenger.jpg

6. retrieverman

retrieverman Sharpshooter

Personally, I think your completely wrong. The average hunter today is a cheap a$$ that’s only looking for a “deal”, and instead of buying good and reputable equipment, will continue to buy cheap sh*t that doesn’t work then come on boards like this one to b*tch about it, look for sympathy, and ask for advice he won’t take.
    I would say that I could be wrong, but after being on boards like this for years, history proves me right.:blush:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    BobbyV and Oklahomabassin like this.
  7. BobbyV

BobbyV Uh huh . . . sure

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have 5 of them and probably won't buy anymore . . . I haven't tried their cellular attachment for other models of cameras yet though.

Oklahomabassin likes this.
  8. ElkStalkR

ElkStalkR Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    So after a season of using these cellular spypoints they haven't been terrible for me, but I wouldn't say they are great either. Currently both of them I have put out last fall are still working and sending pictures. Some things I have discovered with these cameras over trial and error:

1. ) You absolutely must get the correct SD card AND format them each and every time you put them in your camera.
    2.) Do not waste your time with alkaline batteries you have to have lithium or rechargeable battery pack or they won't last long
    3.)FURTHERMORE you can only upload pictures to your app once a day or you will burn thru the batteries in less than a week, even the rechargeables can't keep up if you have it upload everytime it takes a pictures the camera will die.
    4.) The little cell antenna sucks. You need to purchase an extended antenna, even in spots where your phone gets good reception that camera can have spotty reception. Good news is the extended antenna solved my cell reception issues.

Once I figured these problems out my rating of this camera went from an F to a C. LOL. They aren't great, BUT I have yet to experience the cameras simply not working or not connecting to the network. Mind you this is the first year with them. I'll let you know if year 2 is a complete failure! LOL

9. Oklahomabassin

Rating
    100%
    Lol. #3 would be a real deal breaker for me.

10. BobbyV

BobbyV Uh huh . . . sure

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    #3 is solved by getting a solar charger and a 12v battery pack . . . I have 3 of mine using them and 2 of the 3 are still at 100% charge.

I have all 3 set to send pics every couple of hours. They've been out like this since late September or so.