Stand your ground laws under attack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
be investigated.

"These laws seem to be encouraging vigilantism by allowing individuals to use deadly force as a first resort," Schumer, D-N.Y., said in a statement.

Schumer asked Holder's department to probe whether the laws "are creating more violence than they are preventing," and whether potential murders are "going unprosecuted" because of them.

He estimated that 23 states have some form of this law.

Schumer cited statistics in Florida showing that before the law was approved, the state averaged 12 justifiable homicides per year. The average subsequent to the law's enactment was 33.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...orida-shooting/?test=latestnews#ixzz1qBWlewY3
HMMM.. stats show it works fairly well

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Schumer cited statistics in Florida showing that before the law was approved, the state averaged 12 justifiable homicides per year. The average subsequent to the law's enactment was 33.l

How many of those "increased justifiable homicides" would have resulted in "murders" if the victoms had not been armed. Schumer is a dumbass!!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't Chuckie represent the state of New York? Unless I'm mistaken, New York doesn't have ANY of the stand your ground, castle doctrine, make my day laws. So what exactly is Schumer doing requesting a Dept. of Just Us investigation on this issue? Seems to me he has no stake in the matter!

Someone needs to get Chuckie a nice hot steaming cup of STFU, STAT! :(

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't Chuckie represent the state of New York? Unless I'm mistaken, New York doesn't have ANY of the stand your ground, castle doctrine, make my day laws. So what exactly is Schumer doing requesting a Dept. of Just Us investigation on this issue? Seems to me he has no stake in the matter!

Someone needs to get Chuckie a nice hot steaming cup of STFU, STAT! :(

This made me smile.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Classic lefty tactics to take away 2A rights and how we use them. these were the same morons who were advocating mag caps federally after the Tucson tragedy. this tragedy has not been fully investigated yet. What about the justiiable use of this law, and its deterrent on crime. Chuckie is so full of it. But then this is the state that also gave us sen. hilary clinton!

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
of course justifiable homicides rose,you don't have to run away anymore, these politicians are crazy. The relevant thing to look at is the change in violent crimes, has the statute caused people to think twice before attacking people in public.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep, exactly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom