Starting NFA Trust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fingerprint, photographs and CLEO signoff for trusts has NOT gone into effect yet. There is a 90 day comment period on the proposed rule change and then ATF will have to implement these new rules. No one yet knows how this will effect trusts that are in the pipeline.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, My question is that is I turn in my NFA stamp this weekend with trust, I will need those fingerprint/pic/cleo than, right? unless they request than before the stamp is back and past 90 days.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one knows what will happen. Until the rule change takes effect and is implemented, you will just turn in your trust with your Form 1/4 and hope for the best.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one knows what will happen. Until the rule change takes effect and is implemented, you will just turn in your trust with your Form 1/4 and hope for the best.

Exactly.

No one knows how or when they are going to implement this and what they are going to do to forms that are in-progress at the time of implementation. Anything you submit now will probably be up there for almost 9 months, so chances are that it will be effected by the new rules, but at this point it is just a guessing game as to how they will be effected.

If possible, just submit as an individual now (assuming you can get CLEO signoff) and the new ruling will not effect you at all.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If possible, just submit as an individual now (assuming you can get CLEO signoff) and the new ruling will not effect you at all.

I would still submit as a trust even with possibility of the new changes. In the event of your demise, it would allow the items to be passed on to the benefeciary without the need for new stamp (based on current rules) where as based on current, and most likley future rules, registering as an individual will most definitely require the need for a new stamp for the person that inherits them.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would still submit as a trust even with possibility of the new changes. In the event of your demise, it would allow the items to be passed on to the benefeciary without the need for new stamp (based on current rules) where as based on current, and most likley future rules, registering as an individual will most definitely require the need for a new stamp for the person that inherits them.

Negative. Form 5 allows for tax free transfer to heirs.

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5320-5.pdf

Latest posts

Top Bottom