State Regulations Question- Waterfowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve called and left a VM with the game warden already, but I was curious if you guys knew of any statewide restrictions of shooting a firearm near a public road. My In-Laws have land outside of city limits south of Lawton where I waterfowl hunt. However over the years a neighborhood has been built right next to the city road that divides us. I sit about 80 yards away from the road on the pond damn shooting onto our property. Just wanted to see if y’all knew of any shot size or laws that prevented me from using size BB and being that close to the road/houses being outside of city limits.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You have permission to shoot your firearms anywhere on your property unless it's considered city limits and has restrictions as to WHAT can be fired. Many city limits still allow shotgun only. Just follow the waterfowl/general hunting regs and you're fine in your case.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Game warden said we are good to go. I figured we were ok, but with so many houses nearby I figured eventually we would get a phone call out there.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking you had to be 50 feet from the edge of roadway but not sure since it has been ages since i read up on it.
Thought id drop in and see if any of that fruit was within reach...

Cant shoot within a 1/4 mile or 500 yards, cant recall which and too tired to look it up, from a church or school that is in session, and cant shoot from or across any public roadway or railroad right of way.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought id drop in and see if any of that fruit was within reach...

Cant shoot within a 1/4 mile or 500 yards, cant recall which and too tired to look it up, from a church or school that is in session, and cant shoot from or across any public roadway or railroad right of way.
I see what you did there. :laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom