Stay clear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty much it for me--I prefer private party sales in general, but I just am not willing to spend the money for the NFA weapons I want, or the $200 tax stamps that go along with them. They already have my prints from my SDA license and DCM/CMP paperwork, and my signature is on a few 4473s rotting in a warehouse somewhere, so there's not much point in being paranoid...

^^^ This...

My immediate wants are a suppressor and a SBR. I would also want to do them via a trust. For what this costs before I spend a dime on the goodies I can buy a nice handgun. Everytime I say I'm ready to do it I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, i have a C&R FFL. Apparently a trust cannot have an FFL so therefore no class III goodies for me. And OPur sheriff refuses to sign a form 4.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ This...

My immediate wants are a suppressor and a SBR. I would also want to do them via a trust. For what this costs before I spend a dime on the goodies I can buy a nice handgun. Everytime I say I'm ready to do it I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

LOL, smart man ... we're like a couple of you other guys (especially GC -- he's been fingerprinted more than some of the bad guys ;) ) Problem is, after you get that first one ... well ... it's a disease ... :disappointed: (And don't tell GC, but I think I have it worse than he does ... :shocked:)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The paperwork is really no big deal and the $200 tax is what some folks spend going to a concert or a Thunder game, so that isn't a big deal either. The wait sucks, but if you just forget about it, one day you are pleasantly surprised and can take your new toy home.

The way I look at it is "the man" doesn't want you to have these NFA items and if you don't get any, they win. I would rather have my toys and enjoy them while I can. That way I win.

YMMV

I agree. The cost of the tax stamp back in 1934 was $200. It was supposed to tax them out of existence. Just think what the stamp would cost now if it would have increased with inflation.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to live vicariously through those that have "signed their life" away on NFA items. I like to read the stories and see the pictures, etc. but I won't play the NFA game. I find the laws surrounding these items to be completely ridiculous and refuse to take part. Now, if I could go back in time before the prices went totally off into the stratosphere I might think differently.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having not shot or owned either, is an SBR that much better than the AR pistol?

SBR's are very practical and easy to handle. When a can is added, it makes the overall length about the same as a standard 16" AR with weight beight the only drawback. I've owned a 7.5" AR pistol and sold it pretty quickly. It would have been great for a few applications but not easy/stable to shoot and 7.5 was just too short for a .556. I've spent $200 (stamp)on worse things!

Latest posts

Top Bottom