StealthgearUSA IWB Holster Opinions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://stealthgearusa.com/pages/choose-your-gun-model
Anyone have experience with these? I'm a Crossbreed Supertuck fan, but with the summer coming, the somewhat breathable panel interests me. Nothing like a long motorcycle ride with a sweat soaked leather panel on my hip.
IWBS-BLK-1600_2048x2048.jpg

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry their appendix holster but I moved it to 3:00. I really like the backing material. It is comfortable even without an undershirt. I also like how the one clip design allows manual canting for comfort. However, my big complaint is retention. Even when torqued down all the way, the pistol will not lock in. This may not be an issue with the other model.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry their appendix holster but I moved it to 3:00. I really like the backing material. It is comfortable even without an undershirt. I also like how the one clip design allows manual canting for comfort. However, my big complaint is retention. Even when torqued down all the way, the pistol will not lock in. This may not be an issue with the other model.

You shouldn't have to do this, but this may be a fix: Lay an old t-shirt over the kydex part; heat the kydex with a hair dryer, be easy here or you can over do it. Check often with a finger to see if the kydex is beginning to get pliable. Once it is pliable, insert an UNLOADED pistol in the shell and using the t-shirt to protect your fingers from the heat, press the heated kydex around the contours of the pistol where it needs to be tighter. The trigger guard is an easy area to press in lightly to increase retention. Allow kydex to dry and check retention now. Repeat if necessary. On some pistols, you may want to tape a pencil or dowel along the top of the slide between front and rear sights to maintain a good sight track. Caution: You can really screw this up, (trust me on this one; I know) so you might just send the thing back and tell them to tighten it up.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip!

Edit: I took your advice and sent an email to stealth gear. Even though I am way past the money back date, they immediately processed a replacement holster.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom