Steel Challenge at OKC Gun Club 2-20-16

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should have introduced yourself. Good shooting with you. We had a good squad. :D

Honestly, I didn't hear anything but your first name during the match. When I saw the results I realized who you were. I'm slow in many more things than my shooting!! :) I'm going to try to get to Ponca Saturday if I can juggle some other thing around.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would something like this be good for some one thinking of trying a 3 gun?

Not the same type of competition. Steel Challenge is basically a speed shoot on steel with the fastest time and the required rounds.

3gun is a run and gun with pistol, rifle and shotgun on a combination of steel and paper targets. The steel just has to be hit and fall, while the paper has scoring zones within the target, so accuracy comes into play as well as speed.
There are always several ways to shoot a 3gun stage so one has to decide on a plan to shoot it with movement taking the least amount of time and being accurate at the same time.

Steel Challenge? Probably not. But there are a lot of people try it anyway and are successful. Come to OKCGC this weekend and find out.

And you might meet Tony Wall or Jesse Tishauser

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 5.3

What he said ^^^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom