Steel Challenge, Ponca City, 9/23/2017, 0800 hrs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a couple of days we'll be having our monthly Steel Challenge Match.

This will be the last month for the summer start time of 0800.

6 stages

150 round minimum

Setup around 0700-0715 and as always any and all help is awesome!!!!

See you all then!

Jim

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@tRidiot if you and/or Shelley want to bring Ian, I will meet y'all there and we can all shoot together.

@dennishoddy Can Ian shoot from low ready or do I need to try and find some gear he can use?? I'm not sure I have something that will fit him but I'll look around and see if he HAS to have a belt and holster. Thanks!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If he is shooting rimfire pistol, the gun will need to be bagged,(original box, or soft/hard side pistol case. I have spares if needed, just let me know) taken from the bag on the make ready command, spare mags arranged on the table next to him.
Rimfire pistol and rimfire rifle starts from the low ready. Only centerfire pistol shoots from the holster starting in the surrender position, hands at shoulder level.
I have a spare AR platform rimfire rifle with red dot set up for steel challenge if anybody wants to borrow it. Just bring ammo.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he is shooting rimfire pistol, the gun will need to be bagged,(original box, or soft/hard side pistol case. I have spares if needed, just let me know) taken from the bag on the make ready command, spare mags arranged on the table next to him.
Rimfire pistol and rimfire rifle starts from the low ready. Only centerfire pistol shoots from the holster starting in the surrender position, hands at shoulder level.
I have a spare AR platform rimfire rifle with red dot set up for steel challenge if anybody wants to borrow it. Just bring ammo.

OK, I'll get with Danny and see if they want to shoot this one or wait until next month. Poor Ian's finger looked pretty sore.

If I don't wind up at Duncan that weekend (hey @D. Hargrove when's that match you and Jenn were talking about?? I think you said at SCRAP but I don't remember which date. Duh) I'll drive up and shoot it.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like they are out, too. Have a friend who needs help moving to Tulsa.

Y'all are good friends. And you work too much but I ain't telling you nuthin you don't already know. I'll wait and come up when Shel and Ian can come shoot. They figured out that my gastroparesis is causing me to have low blood sugars (35 is not good ... ever) so they don't want me driving right now. I'm so torqued I can't see straight. Haven't they ever heard of Lifesavers?? Still, if I have a wreck and it's my fault and they pull my med records I will be screwed so ... guess I will clean house and wait on the AC guy to tell me he wants a small fortune. I'm gonna stop going to the doctor. It's never good news anymore.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all are good friends. And you work too much but I ain't telling you nuthin you don't already know. I'll wait and come up when Shel and Ian can come shoot. They figured out that my gastroparesis is causing me to have low blood sugars (35 is not good ... ever) so they don't want me driving right now. I'm so torqued I can't see straight. Haven't they ever heard of Lifesavers?? Still, if I have a wreck and it's my fault and they pull my med records I will be screwed so ... guess I will clean house and wait on the AC guy to tell me he wants a small fortune. I'm gonna stop going to the doctor. It's never good news anymore.

Yeah not good for sure. I haven't been to a match in forever and keep saying I should go..... If you are interested I could pick you up if you really want to go and it would give me some incentive to head up there as well.

And my wife says the same thing about going to the doctor and having tests done, she is just going to quit dealing with anything new. They complain that she hasn't had a mammogram in a few years, she says "Right now it's just a question of what is going to kill me first, do I really need to know what else is wrong."

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah not good for sure. I haven't been to a match in forever and keep saying I should go..... If you are interested I could pick you up if you really want to go and it would give me some incentive to head up there as well.

And my wife says the same thing about going to the doctor and having tests done, she is just going to quit dealing with anything new. They complain that she hasn't had a mammogram in a few years, she says "Right now it's just a question of what is going to kill me first, do I really need to know what else is wrong."

I know how she feels. A couple years ago the mammogram place scared the **** outta me. Wanted me back within 24 hours for another set of pics. Turned out to be nothing and pissed me off to no end. Now when doctors act all panicky about stuff I just roll my eyes and tell them everybody's gotta die from something.

That's tempting but even the old man is on my ass now, so I'm gonna take the weekend and cool it. There are a lot of local matches coming up the first couple of weekends in October. Surely I'll have things ironed out by then.

People keep asking me if I'm depressed but honestly I'm perfectly fine. Any day I wake up without a headache is a GREAT day. The really funny thing about all of this is I'm in better health than I have been in years. Guess my body is not used to me actually taking care of it. Lol Might take a minute to get my feet up under me.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot!~ I should have been paying attention, going to mark the calendar and make the next one!!! Made plans with the better half already!! Guess the crazy old bat wants some stinking "quality time " or some crazy chit tomorrow.:cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom