Stevens 87d

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
8B86C010-B4E1-48A0-A192-88892CEA1104.jpeg EFF45FB2-31A5-4DD2-96AF-BD75D61AFF39.jpeg Picked this up Saturday , got it home and cleaned it up and took it to Wilshire gun Sunday!
Bought me a nice little jammomatic!! So after shooting my Westernfield It was off to the computer to study this gun!!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They usually need a little tuning. And a really good cleaning! It looks great though. Let me know if a new cartridge guide spring doesn't fix the jamming. There are a few other things that may need tuned in.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Catt57 brought a couple of his Gill guns to the last ENS and I really enjoyed shooting his, so I blamed this new acquisition on him !! :cool:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They usually need a little tuning. And a really good cleaning! It looks great though. Let me know if a new cartridge guide spring doesn't fix the jamming. There are a few other things that may need tuned in.

Will do Catt!! Thanks for your help and all the info you are sharing with me!! As soon as I get it right I will let you know so you can shoot it!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stevens 87D.jpeg Found a hair line crack in the wrist so I opened the crack yesterday and worked as much gorilla glue into the crack as I could and let dry . After work I drilled a 1/4 inch whole down through the wrist and installed a 4 inch length of 1/4 inch all thread and more gorilla glue. Should help strengthen the wrist and stop the crack from progressing! Grey line in pic is where I put the all thread.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks. At least a small crack isn't fatal to a .22 usually. Sounds like your repair should work. (Although I'd have done it with a wood dowel.)

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the wrist was thicker I would have used wood,I did not feel I would gain much with a 1/4 wood dowel and anything bigger was asking for trouble LOL. I have used this method a lot remodeling historical homes, works well!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom