Stinky gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The stinky grip has beaten me. I ordered a new grip from Ruger. On another note, has anyone ever seen the internals of a revolver gummed up with tar and nicotine? While I had the grips off, I went ahead and open the gun up to check the internals. There was some stinky, stanky, funky goo that covered everything. Kind of reminded me of a foul cosmoline. Blasted it all clean with carburetor cleaner.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The stinky grip has beaten me. I ordered a new grip from Ruger. On another note, has anyone ever seen the internals of a revolver gummed up with tar and nicotine? While I had the grips off, I went ahead and open the gun up to check the internals. There was some stinky, stanky, funky goo that covered everything. Kind of reminded me of a foul cosmoline. Blasted it all clean with carburetor cleaner.

Maybe it was my friend's that had the catfish bait??!!

:pms2::pms2::pms2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those tool handles are made of cellulose acetate butyrate and over time decompose into butyric acid which reeks of rancid butter, vomit, and dirty ass socks. Interestingly, if you touch one of those handles to your tongue it will numb it instantly for about 2 or 3 minutes. Yep, tried it because a fella has got to know. I had a retired electrician give me a box of his tools from the 80's, and it was a punch in the face when you opened it up. I never could use those tools. https://petroleumservicecompany.com/blog/screwdrivers-rotting-butter-commonality/
Thank you for the explanation! I will not be touching one of those to my tongue as a test!
Your explanation is good enough.:hey3:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not on a gun, but where I used to work we had a couple of guys who were heavy smokers, and their keyboards were absolutely coated with tar. Part of the initiation/hazing in our department was to send the new guy/gal to work on their computers.

Timmer

New to the site!
Reaction score
I recently traded for a Ruger SP101. I got a really good deal or so I thought. The rubber grip on this gun has the worst kind of Funk you can imagine. It's kind of a cross between an ashtray, body odor, and ass. I've tried everything I can think of to clean it. Windex, Simple Green, upholstery cleaner, bag full of Arm & Hammer baking soda, 91% alcohol, Clorox, put in the washing machine, dishwasher. Each time, the funk remains Victorious. This is some serious funk. Any ideas before I just go and buy an oem grip from Ruger?
Hogue has a wooden grip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom