Stock competition gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am currently looking at a couple of guns. I want to purchase one to compete in ssp for idpa and stock uspsa. I am looking at an m+p or glock 9mm both the carry models (g17 and regular m+p) and "competion" models (g34 and m+p pro). I know guns are subjective but I am looking for any thoughts good or bad with these guns.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run an M&P with a set of Apex trigger gear and same thing, I love it. Gun shoots better than I do, without a doubt.

My buddy was looking for a full 5" gun recently and ended up with a G34. He's had glocks forever, but also fell in love with my M&P. He bought a glock because he could hardly find a Pro, and when he did, the price was $50 to $75 more then the G34.

Needless to say, he's very happy with his Glock :)

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have both the M&P9 4" regular and a M&P PRO9

Both of them have had competition triggers by Accurate Iron and red fiber sights. Olyellers work is AWESOME!! I highly reccomend it! If ya want to try one of mine sometime, give me a PM.

I had problems with light primer hits but it was my fault. I did not replace the springs in them after 6000 rounds and after I replaced the springs they work great!

I think you should buy the one that you like to shoot and roll with it.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A G-34 will do well for both, better for many people than a service length, i.e G17. Watch the modifications that you do, so that you don't make it not fit the rules for one or another. Mine has grip tape, light trigger work using the original parts, a Dawson adjustable rear, a Dawson fiber optic front and a Bar-Sto barrel.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
at a match the other night the only gun that fouled up and up and up...was a GLOCK. However when you are shootin reloads (as was the case with the glock) it's hard to say for certain it is the gun

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never shot the M&P pro but did have a regular one for awhile. i just couldn't get use to it after shooting Glocks for so long. I have the G34, G17, G19 and G26 and just love them. I agree it all boils down to which one feels the best to you as they all (M&P, XD's, Glocks) are good guns they just all feel different.