Stores with Competitive Pricing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know, all of the employees and owners of H&H are as nice as they can be. When you come on here saying "screw em" because they wouldn't give you an interview or job, regardless of whether they were even hiring at the time, because of your alleged status as a good customer, it sure sounds like entitlement to me. Do you not think there are other good customers out there? Does H&H owe all of them interviews and jobs when times get bad? Why do you consider H&H to be your employer of last resort? You say it has to do with long term business relationships. That would seem to me to have been that you bought stuff and they sold it to you. Why do you think they owe you anything? However, with your apparent tendency for profanity, condescension, and name-calling, I wouldn't hire you either.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know, all of the employees and owners of H&H are as nice as they can be. When you come on here saying "screw em" because they wouldn't give you an interview or job, regardless of whether they were even hiring at the time, because of your alleged status as a good customer, it sure sounds like entitlement to me. Do you not think there are other good customers out there? Does H&H owe all of them interviews and jobs when times get bad? Why do you consider H&H to be your employer of last resort? You say it has to do with long term business relationships. That would seem to me to have been that you bought stuff and they sold it to you. Why do you think they owe you anything? However, with your apparent tendency for profanity, condescension, and name-calling, I wouldn't hire you either.

Apparently I didn't use small enough words for you to understand what I'm trying to say. You so are hung up on your entitlement binge and will not listen to what I'm trying to tell you, and no H&H was not "an employer of last resort"

You sir are a total douche bag and warrant no futher consideration

redleg45

Marksman
Reaction score
Wow, seriously ya'll? That kinda hurts. You do know the people who operate GW on a day to day basis (i.e me) frequents the board right? Just sayin. :wave:

I go to GW at least once a year to see if anything has changed, unfortunately the prices remain unreasonably high. I spend quite a bit on firearms and accessories on a yearly basis, and would love to spend it at GW--they are quite a bit closer to my house than H&H, but......

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently I didn't use small enough words for you to understand what I'm trying to say. You so are hung up on your entitlement binge and will not listen to what I'm trying to tell you, and no H&H was not "an employer of last resort"

You sir are a total douche bag and warrant no futher consideration

To be honest, just reading your posts and taking all your large words and somehow making them work in my fragile little mind, it dwindles down to this:

You bought alot of guns from H&H, ~$50,000 over 20 years or so.
You told alot of friends and got them extra business by word of mouth.
You lost your job and apply at H&H for part time work.
They don't interview you for some reason or another and you don't get a job.
You come online and tell how you spent money and got them business but they wouldn't offer you a job so you boycott them.

Sounds a bit like entitlement to me. I work at a restaurant and we have alot (I mean ALOT) of people apply for jobs who have eaten there before. We cannot offer every single on of them a job nor can we give every one of them an interview. It happens but they still come back to eat regardless, usually understanding that we either weren't hiring or they weren't right to work for us.

I'm not jumping on your back and defending them, just showing you how you sound (read?) from my point of view.

Karat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way to go :offtopic2: fellas

Outdoor America usually has pretty good prices. H&H is a little higher on some things but usually pretty reasonable as well. I will pay a lillte more to be able to hold what I am buying in my own hands before I shell out $500-$1000 for it.

Karat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go to GW at least once a year to see if anything has changed, unfortunately the prices remain unreasonably high. I spend quite a bit on firearms and accessories on a yearly basis, and would love to spend it at GW--they are quite a bit closer to my house than H&H, but......

+1 on high prices, but if I am just shooting pistols and shottys, their range is where I am heading....never too crowded and most time the A/C is down right chilly.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always look for best price on something I want, (whether guns or other purchases) but sometimes what I want is only available at one place when I'm ready to make the purchase, so even if it may be $20-$30 higher than another place that may typically have it but doesn't right now, I'll go ahead and get what I want when I want it.

That said:
Academy - good prices, small selection
Outdoor America - good prices, ok selection
H&H - competitive prices vary gun to gun, sometimes close to price of others, sometimes not - good selection
C&J's - Decent prices on what I was interested in, small selection
Savage Trading - Small selection, but had what I wanted when I wanted it, waitin' to see what their remodel brings.
Big Boys - Haven't really checked prices cause wasn't really looking for anything when I was in there.
Bass Pro - Seemed high to me

Never been to Heartland or a new store I hear about in Blanchard.

Disclaimer: Your experiences may differ

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is the same way I feel. I would love to have a couple of good shops nearby and I was ecstatic when I found out there would be a range so close, but the price vary from horrible to ridiculous. If they ever fix it, I will be glad to patronize them. In the mean time, it's King's Pawn or across town for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom