Storm shelter recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate76

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy flatsafe customer here. Be prepared to pay extra if your foundation is post-tension. Flatsafe requires you use a third party to cut the cables and retension the foundation before they install, you foot the extra cost but get the satisfaction of your foundation being properly tensioned by experts in that field.

Hannibal7

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had an 8 man unit installed in our garage floor four weeks before the May 24th 2011 EF5 took our home and two cars. It saved our lives for sure. It took me about 5min to get out since debri collapsed on top of it. I am sold on this type of unit, however, it would be very difficult for a handicapped or elderly person to get in or out of one, thus perhaps making a person play the odds of should i or should I not get in this time.

That's interesting. I had never considered putting one in my garage. Do you have a ballpark for what that cost you? Sucks about the water though!

BigDiezel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FlatSafe in Yukon did ours in early Feb this year in our garage , Did a Great job and Excellent service. I will be doing the one on our next house.

We do Safe Rooms " built before house frame construction " out of concrete with steel door. My father has the very first one we built back in 2005 which is a 10'x10' closet. Did our biggest one last year 13.6' x 11' it was the complete master bathroom area, Hehe! Now that's a safe room!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom