Story of Larry Hickey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right...
I believe it is very valuable to read these stories and learn from them. I shouldn't be so harsh
I've heard that statistic and believe I've read it as well... no documented facts.
However, my own personal self defense situations that I can attest to is that it has deterred attackers 100% (in two situations)
I have friends that have had the same experience and there percentage is also 100%

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it happened as described by Mr Hickey and he had 2 women attacking him and was sucker punched by a guy and from his previous training knew he was about to lose consciousness by seeing "the white light" he felt his life was in danger so he shot them. Who knows what they would have done once he was laying there not moving. I have seen countless vidoes where these "thugs" will continuously beat someone when they are already out cold. I doubt in this situation just showing them the gun would have scared them off. In that proximity, a struggle would have most likely pursued and one of the three people could have ended up shooting him, his wife and possibly child. The pictures clearly show all this occurred on his property. What I find most shocking is they still live there and havent had any problems with the neighbors since.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if I were in his position I'd have my hand on my gun when they were aggressively coming toward me and giving verbal commands to "stop or I will defend myself".

I'm just glad it came out in the end for him

Latest posts

Top Bottom