Strategies for Aisle-Blockers at WalMart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
My pops loves the Dollar General. Seems every time I call him. He is either on his way, at the DG or on his way back. My guess he likes it so much cause my mom stays at home.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, out here in Socal the Walmart is not convenient but I do go to Costco a fair amount. It happens to be in Irvine, CA about 5 miles from my home. Irvine has a very heavy Chinese population. They are the rudest group of bastards on the planet. They will stand at the meat/fish/poulty refers with their huge shopping carts next to them and take up 8 feet of space right in front of the product. I'm done asking or being polite. I take their cart and shove it down the isle. They look at me like WTF and I stare back with my own WTF look.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, out here in Socal the Walmart is not convenient but I do go to Costco a fair amount. It happens to be in Irvine, CA about 5 miles from my home. Irvine has a very heavy Chinese population. They are the rudest group of bastards on the planet. They will stand at the meat/fish/poulty refers with their huge shopping carts next to them and take up 8 feet of space right in front of the product. I'm done asking or being polite. I take their cart and shove it down the isle. They look at me like WTF and I stare back with my own WTF look.

Probably not Chinese, but here in the hotel in Indianapolis, I was waiting for an elevator. I heard voices inside and it neared the third floor. As the door opened, the elevator was so full of Asians that three of them had their backs to the door because they couldn't step in and turn around.

Sadly, I failed to count them as they came out, but every space in the elevator was taken by them.

(A majority of them were cute looking females.)

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love DG, its small, have what I want and can be in and out, plus if its a 30-60 mile round trip to closest big box store DG comes in handy.

Far as aisle blocking, I give it a few seconds, then in loud voice say excuse me, if they don't I say it a second time, third time I just start shoving my past them, If they are walking 2-3 wide in the aisle I keep walking not moving playing chicken see who moves first I flat out will either hit them with my cart or walk into them, treat a aisle like a 2 way street, stay in your lane or take a head on crash.

What really irks me is at work, pulling a heavy pallet of flooring or something and have somebody stand there see you coming knowing it heavy and no way stop and at last second step out in front of you, or coming down the aisle with a big fridge or something taking up most of the aisle and they won't move knowing you have no where to go, or walk in front you want to get by. I have no respect nor patience for people like that. More so when you see an employee working trying to do their job or think they may be helping customer and want to get in the way and make it harder. If I run into those family reunions I walk right through them with out saying a word make them move and pending what mood I am may make a about face and go back like I forgot something just for fits and giggles.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here here. I’m ashamed to say that I ran over to our DG to get instant potatoes and some of those ice cream drumsticks. I’m trash.

Me too. The DG has been a huge benefit to our rural community.
I called it ghetto shopping because I heard a lady getting out of her Beemer and making that comment.
I just wish they carried some fresh veggies. Never need to go to town that way.
The one in town keeps my head on a fast track swivel

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’m totally familiar with Irvine. Our company shutdown a business there because it was too expensive and they couldn’t deal with the absurd environment issues.
I traveled out there for two weeks at a time in the 90’s to unhook machinery and get it ready for shipping.
Moved back to Ponca City to hook it up and get back into operation.
Did that for most of a year.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload_2019-8-16_17-9-28.jpeg

th

Latest posts

Top Bottom