Sudan to recognize Israel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone buy myself, but the main reason I am in support of Israel is two-fold. We basically worship the same God and Israel is the best example of a democracy in that area.

They are also good military partners. We have a lot of weapons projects that Israel helps design and we help in some of theirs.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can someone explain the dynamic around why it is a generally Republican thing to do stuff with and for Israel? I'm not trying to stir up some antisemitism or anything. I just flat out don't understand because I grew up in OK and literally never interacted with any Jewish people during the first.. 30? years of my life, and then I saw some Jewish people at the grocery store one day and that was that.

I get that we have strategic allies overseas, but Israel is pretty small, so I don't really understand what they offer in the relationship.

For many it's religious and for the rest of us, I think it's just a good idea to protect and aid our ally in one of the most conflicted regions on the planet.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't "basically worship the same God", Judaism does not believe in Jesus the son of God. And Christianity teaches that if you don't believe in Jesus you are going to hell.

Of course we do. In fact, if one wants to get really technical, Islam, Judaism, and Christianity ALL worship the God of Abraham. Islam just gets there through Ishmael, and although most of the Jews don't believe in Jesus being the Messiah, they worship the same God as Christians through the lineage of Isaac.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a Christian, I believe the Israelites are Gods chosen people. Some, maybe most; may not recognize that Jesus is the Messiah and the Son of God. That being said, my God calls them His people and me as a child of God respect and love the Jewish people. I also pray for them to know and accept that Jesus Christ is Lord and that they will become born again Messianic Jews.
Additionally they are our allies and have spent the majority of there existence fighting for their lives, simply hated because they are God’s chosen people.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom