Suggest a scope?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyparnold8108

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe some you can help me. I just picked up a Savage 12 in .223. It's stainless and the stock is light-colored. A stainless/silver scope would look a lot better than the black one I already had. Problem is, I can't seem to find one that seems suitable. I want variable power maxing out somewhere around 20X. I found a Mueller ($240), but I'm hesitant because I anticipated paying more and don't know the Mueller brand. I was thinking I'd end up spending at least $400-$550. Can any of you make some suggestions for me? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe some you can help me. I just picked up a Savage 12 in .223. It's stainless and the stock is light-colored. A stainless/silver scope would look a lot better than the black one I already had. Problem is, I can't seem to find one that seems suitable. I want variable power maxing out somewhere around 20X. I found a Mueller ($240), but I'm hesitant because I anticipated paying more and don't know the Mueller brand. I was thinking I'd end up spending at least $400-$550. Can any of you make some suggestions for me? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d take a look at vortex optics

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are hunting with it, Leupold is much better for low light than Vortex or most others.

Im not sure thats always the case. Maybe sometimes but not always. Ive compared the lower end ones side by side at the exact times and the Vortex beat the Leupold. Now I cant speak on the upper end Leupold vs Vortex since I have no upper end Leupolds myself. Although I do have a VX2 in my possession right now that is on a friends AR that Im about to change to a 300 Blackout. I may compare it to a medium Vortex before I give it back to him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom