Suggestions On Backpacks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a couple TAD Gear FAST EDC packs. While they are very nice and built to withstand rugged use, I personally found them to be overcomplicated and too large for me (much like my previous girlfriends).

I have found that the Tad Gear Litespeed is more to my liking. The size is perfect for hiking, swimming, packing a lunch, loading it with range gear. It is expensive, but they hold their value and withstand use. Also check out GoRuck.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Maxpedition Condor. At 1950 cu.inches of space it's more suited for my needs of a 3-day pack than the smaller 1500 cu.inch Falcon. And if you are not familiar with Maxpedition bags they're tough as nails and very well made. Thhey're easy on you too with solid waist, sternum and shoulder straps that are easily adjusted. The compartments have cinch straps as well as cinch straps on e sides of he bags to tighten everything up after packing for minimal gear movement. You will wear out before your Maxpidition gear. Just recently I added some other modular maxpedition bags to it as well. You just need to by the straps which will interlock the add-ons by using the rows of pals which are all down the back and sides of the bag. Very highly recommended bag if you are looking for a midrange sized bag. Again, the Falcon is rather small in my opinion as I don't like anything much smaller than around 2000 cu.inch of space and the Condor comes in very close to that. The carry handles and zippers are over built for long term duty and ruggedness.

I second everything he said. I carry mine everyday at work, and it's tough. I've got several Maxpedition bags, and this one has been to hell and back and it's still running hard. Great gear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been pretty impressed so far with how much stuff I've been able to pack into my 5.11 Rush 72. Durability is still a question because it's barely been used. It's going with me overseas in a few hours and I will beat on it a bit and see how it holds up. I have an enormous about of stuff packed into it, and with all the separate organizer pockets inside, all my chargers and misc stuff isn't just bouncing around with the rest of the stuff.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've picked up a few new packs lately: the Kelty Redwing 44 and the Kelty Redtail 27. Both very sturdy, well made, and more comfortable than the Maxpedition backpacks I've tried in the past. They are also more low-key in appearance in my opinion.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a couple TAD Gear FAST EDC packs. While they are very nice and built to withstand rugged use, I personally found them to be overcomplicated and too large for me (much like my previous girlfriends).

I have found that the Tad Gear Litespeed is more to my liking. The size is perfect for hiking, swimming, packing a lunch, loading it with range gear. It is expensive, but they hold their value and withstand use. Also check out GoRuck.

Funny you should say that , i was gonna suggest you get one big enough to strap on a mule...Good Luck

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a condor 2 years ago n its been in my truck since new. I carry 3 mre's, Two water filters, clothes, rope, knives, water bladder, knives and fire starters plus much more and it never seems to get heavy. The weight distribution on em is awesome. Well worth the money

Latest posts

Top Bottom