Summer 2010 - Informal Bowling Pin Shoot - Norman, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have some pins; could probably set this up with the exec committee at Tri-City. Just maybe 10-12 people or less who want to blast some pins off a table with handguns, on the plinking range, for a small, short, fun, informal competition to see who can clear all of them in the fastest time.

Soooooo, my question is - if I did this, and if you interested, please post your top 3 dates that you could do it, in order, between now and the end of September, including the day of the week (must be a Sat or Sun though, for me to do it), like this as an example:

Date Preferences:
1. Saturday, July 17th
2. Sunday, September 12th
3. Saturday, August 21st

or whatever..... thanks! This way I can gauge interest & dates both. Enough interest and I'll set it up. No fee.

Reaction score
OK, anyone have date preferences?

Also, if you've ever run one before, please PM or post on the details of the best way to hold it. Give everyone 2 runs at table clearing, then average the times? Give everyone 3 runs maybe? Believe I have 15 pins. I think 2 runs each, times 15 pins, will give us a pretty good overview of your speed x power.

There are NO RULES about guns, calibers mags, sights, etc. whatsoever, except that it must be a handgun. You can use a BFR if you want. Only rules are, the clock starts when you start shooting, stops when ALL of the pins are off the table and therefore on the ground. All that matters is lowest time (or lowest average of two times). You get to decide how to balance power with speed. The pins are set at the front of a 3 foot deep table, and you clear them off by knocking them to the back and off the table(s). The range will be right about 18-19 yards, maybe a little less - we have to put it way back right in front of the 20 yard burm, since we shooting really tough, deflective stuff here.

I need to find a table that I don't mind holes in.....

C'mon boys, let's see those Deagles and X-frame Smiths!! :D

Oh yeah, and IPSC guys level B or higher start off with a handicap - they start at 5 seconds instead of zero like the rest of us!! :eek: J/K :)

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never been to a bowling pin shoot, but I'd vote for more shooting = better. Maybe 3 runs, throwing out the slow run keeping the best 2? A saw horse might make a good platform for the pins...

Latest posts

Top Bottom