Summer 2010 - Informal Bowling Pin Shoot - Norman, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, I'm composing an email to gun club match director and so forth - and ask for an upcoming Sat to reserve the short range - what time - 8am?

Should I ask to reserve... starting time: (7, 8, or 9)? Ending time: (10, 11, noon, 1)?

Thanks.

We can't just bogart the short range all morning without announcing it in the newsletter a month in advance. So I'm gonna say that this one will probably have to happen in September..... sorry for the delay.....*possibly* August.

Now if I cannot get the clearance, then we can still do it, just as guests of mine, but we will have to honor & respect the other shooters at the range that morning, and go cold whenever they want to change, etc....

I'm sure that I can get clearance, about 90% chance, but not 100% at this point....

Think I'll limit it to 8 competitors - 3 runs each, average time of run plus re-set plus miscell. of 10 minutes (worst case scenario); that means we need up to 4 hours time; I'm thinking reserve 8 to noon, or 7:30 - 11:30.

I need to borrow a buzzer/timer from someone, and yes I'll take you up on that table!

Reaction score
On second thought, each run won't take a full 10 minutes, so I'll expand to 8 competitors plus myself, for a total of 9. It probably won't take the full 4 hours, of course, if we can stay on top of things, and average 6-7 minutes per run. I like Rusty's idea of 3 runs each; toss out your worst, and average your two best.

You guys can shoot on the adjacent 80 yard range if you're a member, while waiting on your turn, if you like. If you're not a member, then I'm responsible for you, so you'll have to stick on the plinking range.

If anyone has a kid/teen they want to bring, to help me re-set the pins, that'd be great, but not absolutely necessary.

As soon as I set the date, I'll post the date here, and the first 8 to say "I'm in" gets to compete. If there's more than 8 that want to, then go ahead and show up, and we'll let you go at the end *IF AND ONLY IF THERE IS TIME* in the reserved time slot.

If this goes well, I hope to make it a regular thing.... If it becomes a regular thing, we'll be able to do more like 15 competitors per event, once we get the bugs out.

If you're a handgun noob, you have to let me know, so I can go over couple o' things, to be safe. Everyone will have to sit through a 5 minute spiel on range rules before we begin, if you're not a member.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On second thought, each run won't take a full 10 minutes, so I'll expand to 8 competitors plus myself, for a total of 9. It probably won't take the full 4 hours, of course, if we can stay on top of things, and average 6-7 minutes per run. I like Rusty's idea of 3 runs each; toss out your worst, and average your two best.

You guys can shoot on the adjacent 80 yard range if you're a member, while waiting on your turn, if you like. If you're not a member, then I'm responsible for you, so you'll have to stick on the plinking range.

If anyone has a kid/teen they want to bring, to help me re-set the pins, that'd be great, but not absolutely necessary.

As soon as I set the date, I'll post the date here, and the first 8 to say "I'm in" gets to compete. If there's more than 8 that want to, then go ahead and show up, and we'll let you go at the end *IF AND ONLY IF THERE IS TIME* in the reserved time slot.

If this goes well, I hope to make it a regular thing.... If it becomes a regular thing, we'll be able to do more like 15 competitors per event, once we get the bugs out.

If you're a handgun noob, you have to let me know, so I can go over couple o' things, to be safe. Everyone will have to sit through a 5 minute spiel on range rules before we begin, if you're not a member.

I'm in too. What range will this be at?

Latest posts

Top Bottom