Summer Pocket Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is that?

About 20 years or so ago, whenever the Gold Dots first hit the market, one of our deputies had his Colt Combat Commander .45ACP loaded with them. I think they were 200gr. Anyway, long story short, he shot a guy in the throat, just below his chin and he lived. He said the slug never opened up.

So, because of that, he's protested Gold Dots and if he knows your weapon is loaded with GDs, he'll make a public example of you and then tell his story. I'll bet I've heard it a million times. :blahblah:

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn Chris, how do you keep your britches up with that tank in your pocket? Them SPs weigh a ton!

I used to carry this thing in my pocket so the SP feels pretty good. 20200403_091936.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 20 years or so ago, whenever the Gold Dots first hit the market, one of our deputies had his Colt Combat Commander .45ACP loaded with them. I think they were 200gr. Anyway, long story short, he shot a guy in the throat, just below his chin and he lived. He said the slug never opened up.

So, because of that, he's protested Gold Dots and if he knows your weapon is loaded with GDs, he'll make a public example of you and then tell his story. I'll bet I've heard it a million times. :blahblah:

If the slug wasn't recovered, it would be impossible to tell. There are a lot of parts in the anatomy of the human body that a bullet won't have a lethal effect. I guess it shows how one persons opinion can drive an entire department.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the slug wasn't recovered, it would be impossible to tell. There are a lot of parts in the anatomy of the human body that a bullet won't have a lethal effect. I guess it shows how one persons opinion can drive an entire department.

The slug was recovered. According to Dave (the deputy that shot him) you could have cleaned it up and reloaded it. Obviously he was exaggerating, but still...

Latest posts

Top Bottom