Summertime: Let's talk Margaritas (tequila and mezcal)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a bottle of Sombra today. It was $35. They had Monte Alban for $20, Sombra for $35, and another small batch brand for $45.

I think perfecting the mezcalrita is my summer booze project. I'd like to find a solid brand for $20-35 that can be my go to. I'll check out Deep Discount and see what they have soon. If they have several I may be a nerd and make a list to research. I drink too quickly to be a top shelf guy. I think the one I had in Denver was made with $70 a bottle artisan sheet. Good, mind you, but I'll save the fancy booze for dining out.

This is good for me because I sip it way slower than regular tequila and I like to have a drink in my hand all night some nights. I drank 2 (6oz booze) and was like "that'll do" the other night. Tequila margaritas I drink like beer...

Cards thanks for the lime tip....$1 a lime at Reasor's? My ass, Jeff. My ass. Las Americas is closer to me 7/$1. Good 'nough.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been making Tequila "Gimlets" for my other half lately. Pretty much what Cardsfan is doing but she likes the Cointreau or GMarnier. I'll also second Deep discount liquor.

I never thought of it as a gimlet since I don't add sugar but you're probably more accurate than me calling it a margarita. This is jut what I like with no added sugar or bottled mixers.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never thought of it as a gimlet since I don't add sugar but you're probably more accurate than me calling it a margarita. This is jut what I like with no added sugar or bottled mixers.

Yeah, nobody really puts sugar or simple syrup in a gimlet. "Skinny" margarita or Gimlet.... whatever anyone wants to call it... is the way to go IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom