Sunday is auto knife day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, just one question for clarafacation. I went over the other thread about OTF's and this one.
Does a person have to have an SDA to carry a switchblade?
Can anyone over 18? Under 18?
Excluding the usual--- felons and such that are not suppose to have any weapon of any kind on them.
I will check back tommorrow at lunch. gotta get back to work.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see anything in the statute that ties knife carry to the SDA, nor any age restrictions on carrying any knife. One of the legal types here should be able to confirm or dispute this.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The felon in possession statute, 21 O.S. Section 1283, deals with firearms, imitation firearms etc., and does not reference knives. A quick general search of the statutes does not indicate that it is illegal for felons to possess knives.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to h&h and picked up a godfather. Now I'm wanting a microtech. This new freedom opened up more knives I need to buy.
Love the Godfather. You need the Godson to go with it. Have you checked out the TR4? Big and Bad tactical auto. TR3 is also a very nice blade. Hell, all the Protechs are nice. Congrats on your new auto. I looked into Microtech but they are getting some forum(s) bad rap on CS and QC. Don't know how true it is. It's my understanding H&H will not carry them.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only problem with Protech's is some of mine have special inserts on the handles and are so nice I don't want to carry them and ding them up. I will not carry my The Don's.

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. looks like a new knife in the near future for me, my son, my grandson, (Matching)-- and if the wife is being nice that day, i'll get her one too.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oiled up my Combat Troodon today. She's running quick and smooth.

Been thinking about picking up a Hubertus oversize 14 or Boker Tree Brand 712.

Latest posts

Top Bottom