SUPERBOWL!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a big NFL football fan, burnt a lot of bridges with me lately, but right now have nothing else planned to do so most likely will watch the game. At least I can be informed to participate in the water cooler talk after the game. I do hope it is a real game and not just a blowout for either team. Been disappointed in the past few I have watched.

Thought about thawing out some left over BB ribs I smoked a couple weeks ago, when I suggested that this morning Wifey informed me she would like to have chicken. So, I guess hot wings are now on the menu instead, OK with me. Smoked cheese and vegies with mayo/horseradish dip, still getting fresh chives out of a pot on the deck, amazing. No telling what else she may come up with by then.

Fire in the fireplace with a few beers, usually interesting commercials. It will all be good, well except maybe for the spectacular half time show they have planned. It might be a good time to get up and walk around a little, take the dogs out and watch them poop. Kinda the same difference to me.

I hope we all enjoy the game if we are watching it. Wish I could be out on a warm lake instead.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
For the record, my lady Gaga comment was facetious. I'd be more impressed with Alvin and the chipmunks

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got no dog in the fight but Atl has a great running game and secondary. Brady will have to do it in the air first if he plans to get the running game going.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The halftime show was damn good. One of the best, in my books.
As for the Ads.......I'm kind of sick of the anti trump vibe they all have.
Not many snowflakes play football, drink beer or sweat.
Who the hell are they trying to reach? Millennials?
I think it was an insult to have God bless America sang in the language of our enemies.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was an insult to have God bless America sang in the language of our enemies.

i liked what i saw, but i couldn't hear much of it.

i haven't seen the commercials, but the superbowl usually draws bigger audiences and tends to attract more than just typical football fans.

Finally, our enemies all speak the same language? None speak english? None of our friends speak other languages?

Edited to add: i didn't see the specific moment you're talking about, but i don't see why it's an insult to sing a song about a diverse country in other languages than english. If anything, we just told the enemy in their language why God is blessing us and not them

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what you keen. That got me also

Latest posts

Top Bottom