Suppressed gas piston AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my 11.5" POF upper. I've shot both di and piston and I prefer my piston for suppressed due to the cleaning issue. I just have to remove the plug on the gas block and wipe it down along with the piston. Just have to wipe out the receiver/bolt carrier group and it is good to go.

carready

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my 11.5" POF upper. I've shot both di and piston and I prefer my piston for suppressed due to the cleaning issue. I just have to remove the plug on the gas block and wipe it down along with the piston. Just have to wipe out the receiver/bolt carrier group and it is good to go.

Yep, my 11.5" POF can be spick and span clean in about 5-10min vs 30-45min with GI. If you run a can, run it with a piston.

Jza

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slightly related, I can't say enough good things about the Gasbuster charging handle. Just put one of those on my suppressed AR and it made a night and day difference in the shooting experience, and seems a little cleaner, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom