1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Suppressor

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by HMCS(FMF)Ret., Sep 30, 2020.

1. HMCS(FMF)Ret.

HMCS(FMF)Ret. Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I’m most likely going to move to Chicago in a couple months (hopefully not....but that’s another story). Anyway, how do I get rid of my .22 suppressor.....since I can’t legally have one in Chicago?

2. GlockPride

GlockPride Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    My condolences, good sir. She was must be hot or the money stupid.

Depending on condition, I may be willing to take it from you. Of course, I’ll have to spend $200 on a tax stamp and a $50 transfer/storage fee.

dennishoddy likes this.
  3. HJB

HJB Sharpshooter

I'm sure I don't understand the problem, but how are they going to ever know you have it ? Don't wear it around your neck or wave it in front of anyone, but pack it away and then you'll have it if you need it.

Do people really get rid of a suppressor when they move to Chicago ? I bet half of the gang members in the city have one and they don't seem to worry to much about it.

4. HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It’s a Spectre II and has no more than maybe 50 rounds through it (looks new). I haven’t been to a range in over a year....but I love guns. I probably won’t know if my house will sell for a couple months (hopefully it won’t, but my luck it’ll sell in a week). If my house does sell you can have it, if you still want it by then. Is that ok?

5. HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    My luck I’d get caught with it and spend the rest of my life in jail. They don’t screw around up there.

dennishoddy likes this.
  6. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm pretty sure that an NFA item has to be legal to own where you live for it to be legal, and I'm also pretty sure that you have to notify the ATF if you take it across state lines, so they'll kinda know.

7. Ignored Member

Ignored Member Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You would need to have a class 3 dealer hold onto it while the Form 4 is processing for the new buyer if you won't be in the state to hold it yourself.

The dealer may have to do a Form 3 to have it in his possession in the meantime. I'm not 100% on that part since it'sand individual to a dealer, but I do know that the last time I got a suppressor from silencershop.com, it had to go on a form 3 from them to my class 3 dealer and he held onto it while my form 4 processed.

If you're going to be in state the whole time it takes for the form 4 to process, then you just hold onto it until the new buyer gets his stamp back.

8. HJB

HJB Sharpshooter

I just can't imagine how you could get caught if you store it away somewhere in your house. Do you plan to live there the rest of your life ? Can't you just leave it with a friend or relative until you move somewhere that it is not illegal ?

9. Ignored Member

Rating
    100%
    And if you get caught with it, you'll be the one in prison. Not the guy who suggested you just hide it.
    I'm sure not gonna play hide the pickle in the shower for someone else.

dennishoddy and SoonerP226 like this.
  10. Ignored Member

Rating
    100%
    You apparently don't know the rules of NFA items or the consequences of disobeying them.
    I'd suggest you read up on them before suggesting to someone else that they should just commit a felony.