Suppressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just stop speaking man, while you are ahead. I don't know if you are saying gang members do or do not have them, but stop suggesting that someone break a law that would literally put some poor bastard away for quite some time.
You are pretty quick to tell others what to do. I believe I already responded to that.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt a dealer would buy it. Why would he buy a used suppressor from a non-dealer (which would require the $200 transfer tax) when he could buy the same suppressor new from another dealer or manufacturer and pay no transfer tax.
Didn’t know it was a $200 both ways. Thought it was just to fleece the consumers. This all sucks.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always a possibility to leave it in OK in a bank safety deposit box until you return, or until you sell it (transfer).

Dave

You cant legally do this either. The person on the Form 4 has to keep possession of the Class 3 item the entire time. You are also required to notify the ATF when the address on the Form 4 where the Class 3 item resides changes as well. Failure to do either of these can result in the Class 3 item being removed from your possession and the Foom 4 revoked.

The OP is very limited here if the Class 3 item in listed under a singular persons name, he either keeps it with him and notifies the ATF and files the correct Form to update the address (I think it is a 5510, been awhile since I did mine) to his new address or else sell the Class 3 item and go thru the process to have a Class 3 dealer hold the item until the new owner gets their Form 4 back with the new stamp.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You cant legally do this either. The person on the Form 4 has to keep possession of the Class 3 item the entire time. You are also required to notify the ATF when the address on the Form 4 where the Class 3 item resides changes as well. Failure to do either of these can result in the Class 3 item being removed from your possession and the Foom 4 revoked.

The OP is very limited here if the Class 3 item in listed under a singular persons name, he either keeps it with him and notifies the ATF and files the correct Form to update the address (I think it is a 5510, been awhile since I did mine) to his new address or else sell the Class 3 item and go thru the process to have a Class 3 dealer hold the item until the new owner gets their Form 4 back with the new stamp.

Yeah the person I’m giving it to is going to have a Class 3 dealer hold it until he gets the tax stamp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom