1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Suppressor

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by HMCS(FMF)Ret., Sep 30, 2020.

1. mr ed

mr ed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I don't know about "todays rules" but in the olden days leaving it in a safety deposit box was common. It hasn't left your possession because your the one with the key. Deploy to Iraq, lock it up 'til you get back sort of thing.
    When MG's got expensive buyers and sellers would open a box together where neither one could get at it til the transfer went thru. That way the seller couldn't disappear with the gun and the money. But times do change !

2. mr ed

mr ed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    If an individual is changing their state of residence, and their application to transport the NFA firearm cannot be approved because of a prohibition in the new state, what options does a lawful possessor have?

In this situation, the individual's NFA firearms may be left in a safe deposit box in their former state of residence. The firearm could also be left or stored in the former state of residence at the house of a friend or relative in a locked room or container to which only the registered owner has a key. The friend or relative should be supplied with a copy of the registration forms and a letter from the owner authorizing storage of the firearm at that location.

The firearms may also be transferred in accordance with National Firearms Act (NFA) regulations or abandoned to ATF.

As per BATFE Q&A site
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/if-...e-and-their-application-transport-nfa-firearm

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  3. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Man hate to break this to you, but most of this is incorrect.

Oklahomabassin likes this.
  4. TJay74

TJay74 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

Please correct me then, I just went thru this with a class 3 item and the ATF 3 years ago. So I am going off of personal experience and in my dealing with the ATF.

5. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I would leave it here in a bank safety deposit box if I didn't know how long I'd be up there.