Suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have just the one -- Silencerco -- Micro Osprey -- .22lr; talk about the best experience you can have shooting a firearm ( suppressed full auto MP5 is right up there!!!!!)

I waited over a year -- My tax stamp got lost ( I guessing in the mail) between the ATF and my dealer -- I had to apply for a lost Tax Stamp I never received. Hey it happens !!!!!!

Whenever I’m at the range, I ask whosever shooting next to me, if they would like to try shooting my suppressed Glock 44 in .22lr. Everyone seems to really enjoy it -- Maybe I can get more shooters to purchase a suppressor !!!!!!

I started with the adapter on my Walther P22; Ruger Mark III 22/45 -- then I bought the threaded barrel for my Glock 44 ( found it locally at Sports World in Tulsa) priced cheaper than everyone else. I really enjoy the suppressor on my Glock 44 -- It seems to work really well !!!!!

I also bought an adapter for my Ruger Precision Rimfire -- shooting my cow bell at 25 yards is really fun -- no hearing protection -- I bought a few CCI Quiets and all you hears is a click and the cow bell ringing.

p22 suppressed 1.jpg

22:45 -- 1.jpg

Suppressed Glock 44 -- 1.jpg

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Id imagine you would have to sell and transfer them or find some way to arrange secure storage. I don't know how the storage thing would play out though.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And if moving to an illegal State? Just curious....

Sell and transfer. Unfortunately, the market for used suppressors is pretty rough and almost non-existent unless you have a very high end unit.

Destroy in accordance with NFA regs abs have them removed from the registry.

If the move is temporary, they can still be properly stored here. Some rent a Bank Safety Deposit box. I know of a guy that has his secured in a very small safe, within his dads safe. His dad does not have access. Copies of the form 4s are in an envelope stuck to the outside of the small safe.

A form 4 transfer to a trust with other trusted individuals may also be an option.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a GSG 522 sbr once. I bought a TAC-65 for it from Major Malfunction. For about the first month I thought it was the coolest thing since the invention of the wheel. then it just kinda wore off. I honestly just lost interest in it. YYMV but I don’t need another suppressor personally.

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting comments. My brother and I spent some time on the phone talking about these comments and other input, and the final decisions are that he is proceeding with a purchase, and your comments have convinced me that I really don't need the hassle or the expense at this late date in my life.

Thank you to all who took the time to comment. Each one had good information!

Latest posts

Top Bottom