Survival/Outdoor schools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wy_Bound

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone attended a survival skills course? I would like to attend one in the spring within a reasonable distance from my home in Alabama. There is a top notch school here but he mostly covers Pan American courses in Costa Rica, etc. What classes has anyone taken and the info you got from it? Where was the school? I know how to go camping but I want more than that.

Greg

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Greg, check with NASAR or ARIE. They both offer great classes for different levels of skill and need. I've taken the NASAR classes to the level of SAR TECH II. We had to go this far to be deployable to FEMA disasters outside of Oklahoma. If your an outdoorsman, most of it is kinda vanilla, but not all of it. The biggest issue is it all being a diminishing skill. You have to train/practice to keep your skills sharp.

Wy_Bound

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Greg, check with NASAR or ARIE. They both offer great classes for different levels of skill and need. I've taken the NASAR classes to the level of SAR TECH II. We had to go this far to be deployable to FEMA disasters outside of Oklahoma. If your an outdoorsman, most of it is kinda vanilla, but not all of it. The biggest issue is it all being a diminishing skill. You have to train/practice to keep your skills sharp.

Thanks Dave...I'll check with them. I saw a school in AR called Sigma III. It was featured on Military channel or Nat Geo channel...not sure which one. Had several levels of classes. Doesn't seem to be any offerings around us in AL, MS, TN although there are two in GA. Anyway, thanks again for the advice.

Greg

Latest posts

Top Bottom